Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Monday, March 19, 2012

better than .....socks!

I have always felt golf is a game for ...well, people NOT like me. People who can afford what, 20-100 bucks for an afternoon's stroll through overfertilized lawns? Plus equipment and club membership and whatever? I am not the country club type I guess....

FRISBEE golf however is better than SOCKS! I mean, 76 degrees, wandering around on a beautiful hill at Cornell, FREE???? It is for the more rugged and freewheeling bohemian dudes like me....me and Chris were out Sunday on Cornell's course, holy cats it was fun...look at this, he nailed a photo of me nailing the first hole....it went in, yes it did....


Chris lives across the street. His dog is the little corgi Soupy, Penny, my beagle's BEST friend..I need video of the 2 of them playing, they are ADORABLE together...


Holy cats, 76 degrees yesterday, finally got the bike rack upon the car and had to go cycling too.....man, whatta WEEKEND, how was yours?

10 comments:

smartcat said...

Remember what Mark Twain said about golf? It's a good walk spoiled.

Corgis! We just got a corgi cross pup yesterday! So CUTE!

Busy Bee Suz said...

Soupy is SO cute.
I've never played frisbee golf....I've seen the stands for it though....looks like cheap fun!
That is a great shot of the bike/shadow!
My weekend? Well, you already know it.

And yes, Lolo is back to her normal healthy self. At least for this week!

Have a great day!

Elizabeth Grimes said...

Soupy's pretty cute!

CiCi said...

Really good photo of the shadow of the bike on the car.

Lori Buff said...

Looks like fun. It was in the 80's here. Perfect summer weekend.

Joe Troncale said...

Tilled the garden, made a lot of pottery, pugged a lot of clay, watched a lot of basketball and celebrated my wife and son-in-law's birthday. All in all, an amazing week-end.
Great teapots as usual, Gary. Godzilla lives!

Anonymous said...

How 'bout starting this new biking season off right by correctly wearing your helmet?

Claudia from Idiot's Kitchen said...

Love the bike shadow picture. Also love the corgi!!!! This weekend I was playing the flute in the orchestra pit. All. Weekend. Long. I shall bike vicariously through you.

Reverend Awesome said...

I too love the bike shadow picture!

Frisbee golf is lots of fun. Kyle is big time into it!

Gary's third pottery blog said...

Re, the helmet--I wonder who you are? Should have signed your name. Of course, looking at the picture you will notice the strap is also undone. Maybe I should click the strap too, huh? Or maybe I was just snapping a picture and plunked the helmet on my head? After all, the bike is on the car roof....

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.