Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

devilish....

Ever hear the expression "don't use sarcasm, sarcasm is ugly" ? The wife says that all the time, when she is being sarcastic, I was wondering where that quote comes from, GONE WITH THE WIND or maybe the GOLDEN GIRLS...but she tells me it was her home ec teacher. I find sarcasm REFRESHING! FUN and funny! *
Ditto dark humor. Why is this monster having tea out of a teapot and cup that looks like a pair of heads???? With MUSTACHES?
Am I making fun of somebody???????


(sculpture by Gary Rith)
*when not directed at me, of course!

9 comments:

cookingwithgas said...

I like it!

Joe Troncale said...

The origin of the word for "sarcasm" is to "tear the flesh." I would say that the Godzilla dragon is the epitome of sarcasm, and I like it!

Busy Bee Suz said...

Sarcasm is the only language I am fluent in!
Love your take on it here too!

Claudia from Idiot's Kitchen said...

I have a magnet that says, "sarcasm is just one more free service we offer." Actually, I should probably have that printed on shirts.

Lori Buff said...

I've never been sarcastic, no way, not sweet, little me.
Love the Godzilla.

-Rob, Simple Circle Studios said...

Gary, your Godzilla pieces are killer! Get it? Killer...Godzilla...aw, I'm not funny.
Seriously though, love the teapot and cup made out of heads!

smalltownme said...

Are the heads you in your mustache days?

Michèle Hastings said...

you continue to crack me up.

Gary's third pottery blog said...

I add the mustaches simply because it IS funny, but it adds that extra element, you know????

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.