Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Saturday, March 24, 2012

speaking of sharks and alligators....

I was getting the work done Friday morning but with continued hot weather...which is predicted to end this weekend...and I was like
"Penny, LET'S GO" and so we went out for the hike on Ithaca East Hill Rail Trail, a huge town park many miles long on an old rail bed, with rivers, hills, a coffee shop, whatever. You can make it a long walk or bike ride, or shorter, and you may recall, it is my favorite. (I have a lot of favorite hikes and rides I think) Anyway, it looks so strange, seeing it for the first time since fall, so naked! But the green is coming....picture down there of our house too with the neighbor's big yellow bush, and also of Penny when we got HOME AGAIN, exhausted little pup after 4 miles walking.....



Tee hee! Got this cartoon from RDM, suits my work lately....



Like I say, you probably need some coolio bowls that I decorated with sharks chasing crocs chasing sharks...fab deal on a set now at my etsy gallery!marvelous deal on a set of shark and crocodile bowls

10 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

Your drawings are so cute! What do you use to do the black lines, glaze pen, slip trailer, pencil? Just wondered. Love the photos from your walks. I need to get outside, today!

smartcat said...

Sharks and gators, who could ask for anything more? Nice walk.

gz said...

That big yellow bush (Forsythia) sets off your house very well!!

CiCi said...

Lucky you to have such a beautiful place to walk. No wonder Penny was tired. Gads.

Joe Troncale said...

Fabulous decorations on the bowls! Ever thought of putting cartoon dialogue bubbles? We could have a blog contest to fill in the dialogue bubbles! Three words max! (Like "I'm tailing you" and the shark says "I'm de-tailing you!"
Mixed dry clay and threw a few pieces, started the kiln, envied Gary's work...the usual...

Gary's third pottery blog said...

Joe--thought bubbles = brilliant!

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

Investigator... hahahaha!

Such beauty around your neck of the woods! It is finally going to be spring here.

Claudia from Idiot's Kitchen said...

Forsythia!!!! I'm dying of shrubbery envy!

Claudia from Idiot's Kitchen said...

Forsythia!!!! I'm dying of shrubbery envy!

Busy Bee Suz said...

I look like Penny after 2 miles...I'm just saying!
Love the little joke...well, the big alligator joke. :)
Spring has sprung in your hood Gary!

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.