WRITE TO ME! firstname.lastname@example.org Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Tuesday, September 27, 2011
question for YOU! (like, was I commando?)
Seriously! A question for you, but first, how dare you ask if I was commando in my jeans here? As Seinfeld said to Kramer "you mean, all that is between me and ...you...is that thin cloth?"
Get your filthy minds out the gutter!
Second, I show the car here to make my point: I really stuffed that car for the weekend fair, not even room for a peanut butter sandwich if you still wanted to see to drive...let alone, room for a large cat or small wife.....
And now we get to the point, the question of the day:
Again, the wife and her friend Zee are talking about "what is your oldest possession, why do you have it, how did you get it, how has it aged, why is it special to you?"
I have some items, of course, older than these jeans, but as the wife says, these are from the days, 20ish years ago, you could go to the store and ...get Levi's. Jeans were either Levi's or Wranglers, basically, aside from designer jeans, everybody wore Levi's. Made in USA.
So, these guys are so beloved and so worn out and repaired so many times.... I gave up on them once, but the wife took them out of the trash...and hid them....and months later I loved them again. The wife fortunately, a) has a pile of interesting cloth scraps, and b) has lovingly repaired them, at last count, 33 times. 33!!!! They are still a good fit, a little baggy, and now so old and beloved that some of the patches...need patches!
PLEASE: go to comments, tell us about your oldest favorite possession!
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- le weekend looms ahead....
- SPIKE gets crafty, do YOU????
- "when I think of Gary, I think........"
- question for YOU! (like, was I commando?)
- tales from a perfect weekend....
- behave this weekend.....
- a hawt and spicy evening.....a reflection on men a...
- letters to .......
- please TELL ME about your own bad self....
- days of wine and....kittens....
- golden sunshine
- wine + great weather = :)
- boring you to tears.....the cholesterol talk...and...
- and suddenly....
- enormously cute
- cats, dragons and zebras.....
- FRANZ the FRIENDLY turtle....
- ten years ago...
- my BRILLIANT idea
- back to normal-ish!
- flooding, hopefully, going down....
- eNORMOUS flooding!
- huge FLOOD!
- good things
- mega-kitchen MONDAY!
- not buttery colored, more buttercup colored....
- I was gabbing while the wife was working
- me, spokesman!
- go cute or don't go at all :)
- yo ho ho....
- ▼ September (30)
- ► 2010 (616)