Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Saturday, September 3, 2011

me, spokesman!

OK, do you know the life is good company, they make cute tee shirts and all? The asked me to fill out a survey after I got a shirt, and one question they asked was "who would make a good spokesman for us????" and I hit OTHER and filled in ME. I would make a great spokesman, as I said to them, because I love the cute, I love the colors, and I use that aesthetic every day as an artist, plus, of course, they have themes straight out of my life, like drinking a coffee with your dog. SO, I set out to photograph self with their HAPPY HOUR tee, (which I had gotten at a garage sale for 50 cents) Jake with his mug and dog, showing me and my mug and dogs. The funny part of it was, Penny and Buster both finished licking out the cup when I wasn't looking....


at the bottom of this series of pics I am wearing the San Diego tee Cheri gave me....I bought what was s'posed to be "light yellow" paint to paint my display. I wanted, you know, like butter color? Wow, what I got was a very bright yellow, to my mind, kinda ducky don't you think? The wife says it is eggy......




You might need a new piggy bowl or squirrel bowl or... :) Fresh stuff listed at my online etsy gallery, check it out!

pig bowlsquirrel bowl

5 comments:

Michèle Hastings said...

you'd get my vote for spokesperson :-)

cm said...

OMG, no, not squirrel bowls! They're vermin!

Deborah said...

Love the squirrel bowl! Hey I think you'd be a perfect spokesman (plus I'd love to have that t-shirt, coffee with my dogs,which is what I'm doing right now!).

Unknown said...

I would totally vote for you!

Patricia Griffin Ceramics said...

YES! You're THE guy for the job!

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.