WRITE TO ME! firstname.lastname@example.org Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Wednesday, September 21, 2011
letters to .......
Letter to my cat Spike:
Dear Spike--You have been home with us for 4 years and you are just such a delight. You were at the shelter for 4 months while I volunteered there, and I tried to get somebody to adopt you, being the friendliest cat of the hundreds there, and it is lucky that the shelter does not euthanize cats after 2 weeks. (what a horrible thought!) Anyway, you came home with us, and that is all that matters.
Our old dog Buster, your brother, is really quite tired and frail. You sleep next to him every day. When he comes in from outside you greet him at the door. You kiss him, purr to him. He gets excited to see you and the 2 of you clown around, as much as Buster is able, and then the 2 of you fall asleep together. What kind of awesome cat takes care of an elderly dog? You do, and I love you so much for it, for making Buster's last days worthwhile, so that he has a small friend to keep him company and play with when I am not around.
I love you Spike, thanks so much for coming to us. Gary
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- le weekend looms ahead....
- SPIKE gets crafty, do YOU????
- "when I think of Gary, I think........"
- question for YOU! (like, was I commando?)
- tales from a perfect weekend....
- behave this weekend.....
- a hawt and spicy evening.....a reflection on men a...
- letters to .......
- please TELL ME about your own bad self....
- days of wine and....kittens....
- golden sunshine
- wine + great weather = :)
- boring you to tears.....the cholesterol talk...and...
- and suddenly....
- enormously cute
- cats, dragons and zebras.....
- FRANZ the FRIENDLY turtle....
- ten years ago...
- my BRILLIANT idea
- back to normal-ish!
- flooding, hopefully, going down....
- eNORMOUS flooding!
- huge FLOOD!
- good things
- mega-kitchen MONDAY!
- not buttery colored, more buttercup colored....
- I was gabbing while the wife was working
- me, spokesman!
- go cute or don't go at all :)
- yo ho ho....
- ▼ September (30)
- ► 2010 (616)