Our vet also has a 13 inch beagle (the little and cuter kind!) and she tells us
"Penny has unusally long ears for a beagle" and I would add she is unusally cute and sweet too. And a lot better behaved than the vet's dog, from the stories she tells!
I am a bit of a Christmas minimalist. I let everybody else in the world go nuts decorating. This year we are decorating with 3 Santa Snoopy beagles and a string of lights strung across the ceiling. Christmas is, of course, a celebration of Jesus, and I sometimes think Jesus would want us to keep it simple, hopefully including Santa beagles.
(pottery by Gary Rith)
And you totally dig Bjork's song here, and then the video is, of course totally odd...
Gary's Third Pottery Blog
When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....
WRITE TO ME! email@example.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Monday, December 7, 2009
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)
- OOOO Baby BABY BABY, Baby Baby...
- gonna get you sucka
- thanks Miri! Georges too....
- stove, redux...
- le busy day, le frog....
- "underwear goes inside the pants"
- KEY WEST here I come...
- the good the bad and the ugly
- Terri Anne and Chris make the mistake of inviting ...
- David sez "ditch the guests my man...."
- day number 3 with guests
- its my d##k in a box!
- "it's just like Christmas morning"
- can I say it? Have a Kickazz Krizmazz
- 17 years of....
- December 24, 1992- December 24, 2009????
- wedding anniversary eve
- thanks Heather!
- home electronics for dummies
- I might like you better if we.....
- a slightly amusing cat joke for Christmas....
- Becky Jo and the SECRET GIRAFFE PROJECT
- don't you wish you were married to me?
- le SUNDAY
- ho ho HO!
- BAMF* of the day: my old pal Wendy
- the END
- 5 degrees
- Benji and Christi, BAMFs* of the week and the nice...
- hangin' at Benji's.....
- do you, YOU feeeeeel like I do
- another day in paradise
- melted chocolate...
- NO you cannot have the recipe
- nothing more fun than elephants eh?
- thank God I'm not a teacher
- MORE corduroy....
- dig this Felix card!
- Pearl Jam
- BAMF* teapot....
- Emily cat, another elephant teapot
- party at Nance's for Stevo.....
- awesome little teapot
- and so the Cornell Pot Shop Sale ends....
- moo ya'll...........
- hot DAWG
- Penny does the Snoopy dance
- spaghetti pizza casserole
- gonna hafta to go all NINJA on yo azz....
- Heavy Metal Christmas with Celeste and Maurice....
- the greatest Christmas dance EVAH
- 6 inches
- YOUR retirement plan
- Cornell Pot Shop Sale
- I got you BABE
- dig Julie's stuff!
- OMIGOSH the best tune, 2009
- she has unusally large ears....
- cow tipping galore!
- more scenes from a slightly snowy Saturday
- Mary and Max
- scenes from a slightly snowy day...
- the perfect teapot
- my wife: Senator hawtness
- frolicsome Friday!
- BAMF of the week: Spike the cat
- sick as a dog....
- raku baby...
- wee little teapot
- partying with Carol and Nance...
- I got what you NEED
- so I was telling Christi and ....
- CHRISTI comes ovah for the cookies
- sorry gals, I'm taken.....
- 57 dollars and the fridge challenge
- le cat und le mouse....
- ▼ December (78)
- Gary's third pottery blog
- I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.
Penny does have some cute large ears, but MagPies ears are my favorite part. They're all soft and fuzzy... speaking of soft and fuzzy, I love Maude's slippers. :)
Did Penny eat a beagle? :)
i agree that Jesus would want us to keep it simple.
I bet Penny has not a clue how cute she is or how long her ears are. That is the joy of being a dog. Great pictures.
It is nice seeing that you know the reason for the season too...although I do a bit more decorating. Don't hate me. :)
Those are some pretty big doggy ears!
I'm keeping it simple too. Just a tree. Nothing else.
those ears make her unusually cute... aawwwww
Love those beagley ears!
Simple is how we do it too, just a little tree.
wreath on the door - a charlie brown tree and not much else. very little shopping to do. simple IS best...(for me at least).
I have to say, this is just my house--people should do exactly what they wish :)
I imagine Jesus himself would decorate with Santa beagles.
There was definitely nothing fancy about that manger. And as the story goes, the guests at the first Christmas were the barn animals. So Penny would fit right in. Maybe she'd curl up in the manger and nap along with the baby as she often does with her human companions.
1. I saw a live nativity scene yesterday. There was a donkey, sheep, humans. First time I've seen such a thing.
2. Maude's hair is looking ridiculously cute lately. Did she get it cut or does it get curlier in the winter months? Whatever the case, adorable.
3. My decorations. I wrapped clearly lights around my exposed ducts and put up a tiny tree with tiny decorations above my sink. It's delightful. Perhaps I'll take pictures.
Awww those ears!
The first Christmas wasn't a fancy affair. And I bet Jesus would have welcomed a long-eared beagle.
Beagle ears are the bestest. And Penny is CUTE!!!!!
Post a Comment