Gary's Third Pottery Blog
When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....
WRITE TO ME! email@example.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Thursday, December 17, 2009
do you, YOU feeeeeel like I do
(fantastic little teapot by Gary Rith---notice that although it is cleverly textured it is also diabolically squared off and I am not gonna tell ya how I did it)
Our room is in quite a lot of disarray with clothes and sheets and whatnot tossed all over and the missus woke up singing Frampton's rather good tune DO YOU, YOU, FEEEEEL LIKE I DO.....if you, ah, know more of the lyrics, well, you know, maybe you can understand my meaning.....
Posted by Gary's third pottery blog at 7:12 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)
- OOOO Baby BABY BABY, Baby Baby...
- gonna get you sucka
- thanks Miri! Georges too....
- stove, redux...
- le busy day, le frog....
- "underwear goes inside the pants"
- KEY WEST here I come...
- the good the bad and the ugly
- Terri Anne and Chris make the mistake of inviting ...
- David sez "ditch the guests my man...."
- day number 3 with guests
- its my d##k in a box!
- "it's just like Christmas morning"
- can I say it? Have a Kickazz Krizmazz
- 17 years of....
- December 24, 1992- December 24, 2009????
- wedding anniversary eve
- thanks Heather!
- home electronics for dummies
- I might like you better if we.....
- a slightly amusing cat joke for Christmas....
- Becky Jo and the SECRET GIRAFFE PROJECT
- don't you wish you were married to me?
- le SUNDAY
- ho ho HO!
- BAMF* of the day: my old pal Wendy
- the END
- 5 degrees
- Benji and Christi, BAMFs* of the week and the nice...
- hangin' at Benji's.....
- do you, YOU feeeeeel like I do
- another day in paradise
- melted chocolate...
- NO you cannot have the recipe
- nothing more fun than elephants eh?
- thank God I'm not a teacher
- MORE corduroy....
- dig this Felix card!
- Pearl Jam
- BAMF* teapot....
- Emily cat, another elephant teapot
- party at Nance's for Stevo.....
- awesome little teapot
- and so the Cornell Pot Shop Sale ends....
- moo ya'll...........
- hot DAWG
- Penny does the Snoopy dance
- spaghetti pizza casserole
- gonna hafta to go all NINJA on yo azz....
- Heavy Metal Christmas with Celeste and Maurice....
- the greatest Christmas dance EVAH
- 6 inches
- YOUR retirement plan
- Cornell Pot Shop Sale
- I got you BABE
- dig Julie's stuff!
- OMIGOSH the best tune, 2009
- she has unusally large ears....
- cow tipping galore!
- more scenes from a slightly snowy Saturday
- Mary and Max
- scenes from a slightly snowy day...
- the perfect teapot
- my wife: Senator hawtness
- frolicsome Friday!
- BAMF of the week: Spike the cat
- sick as a dog....
- raku baby...
- wee little teapot
- partying with Carol and Nance...
- I got what you NEED
- so I was telling Christi and ....
- CHRISTI comes ovah for the cookies
- sorry gals, I'm taken.....
- 57 dollars and the fridge challenge
- le cat und le mouse....
- ▼ December (78)
- Gary's third pottery blog
- I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.
I saw Peter Frampton and Stevie Nicks in concert years ago. It was like a big hair completion set to music.
Good to know you had a good start to the day.
i got that two disc live album for xmas about 4 years ago... it holds up well from my memory of it as a youth. good analog guitar playing.
Wow. He has a LOT of hair. ;)
I listen to the local classic rock station and it's kind of weird to put faces with the songs I like so much. Very strange, and lacking chest hair.
I love this teapot...so cute.
Love me some Frampton too!!!
I still have all the Frampton albums. Big crush when I was 15?? Ha!
Thanks for posting this one, Gary. I remember "Frampton Comes Alive" as being the Secret-Santa gift of choice when it came out in the 70s. (I got a pair of tube socks, though.) This is the first time I've ever seen how Frampton electronically distorted his voice with that...gadget. I always wondered how he did that.
That was great!, well, after he warmed up, a bit shaky at the start but pure Framptonicity after.
I hate people doing vocoder effects... that Cher song, springs to mind, but not so well to mind that i could tell you what it's called... I want to throw a bucket of pig-swill at her when she starts in with the silly distorted voice... Peter Frampton started it, and remains the only person I can think of who makes it into his own music. Other people, it's the voice equivalent of scribbling.
Thank you, yes, i'm okay, got it off my chest there, rant is over....
Back in the good old days, I saw Peter Frampton a few times, he was touring with along with a band called Stackridge... it was billed in great psychedelic posters as 'Almost the Greatest Show on Earth! Peter Frampton's 'Camel', and Stackridge!" or something like that, I've got, I think I've got, um, somewhere? a poster of them.
The show was indeed great fun, music and madness, Stackridge's closing number was "Let there be Lids!", which was accompanied by assorted members of both bands and members of the inebriated audience, on ... Lids. Dustbin Lids, or, as you cute colonials would say "Garbage Can Lids"?
Lids wielded like Cymbals, sounded with a hammer. Or a boot, or just clashed together, one in each hand.
Oh, what fun we had..... Of course, a few locals would be searching for their lids the following day, or wondering how a nice shiny galvanised steel lid could turn overnight into something that looked as though it had been through three world-wars, strapped to the front of a tank.
I've always loved Frampton! Great Song!
Soubriquet-Are you talking about autotune? It's everywhere these days. Jay-Z has a song called the Death of Autotune. maybe it will come true! I hope. I hate it as well.
I don't really know much Peter Frampton. What I know of it is from Wayne's World when he says that people used to be issued Frampton Comes Alive with a box of Tide. Or something like that.
Post a Comment