Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Thursday, June 28, 2012

EEEK! Next week?


(covered zebra dish by Gary Rith)
Nifty zebra pot, hmm?  You will notice that I brushed some blue in a zebra pattern on there...so its looks ZEBRA-ish :)
OK, next week?  It suddenly occurs to me FIRST fair of the year for me is next week.  I don't do too many, but this is a big one, 3 days! In Binghamton, an hour's drive.  I always have a lot of fun and they treat us VERY well down there.  
Anyhow, it means counting on your fingers, making many items, drying them in the sun, getting them ready to fire....and finally, I am nearly finished painting my display from lat year's accidental SHOCKING yellow color to this year's buttery yellow....

6 comments:

cookingwithgas said...

eek- I know what you mean... those jars are rocking fun!

Barbara Rogers said...

Let's see, beautiful teeth, then beautiful pots, and now beautiful yellow display. Guess that makes you full of beauty, Gary. Handsome too!

smartcat said...

You are a busy fellow, no doubt about it. Can you put Spike and Penny to work as helpers? Love the way those pots look in the sun!

Lori Buff said...

The first show is always exciting, I hope it's a good one for you.

Michèle Hastings said...

thank goodness for the sunshine to help dry pots! sometimes our yard looks like it is growing pottery.

your display is looking awesome!

Busy Bee Suz said...

Buttery yellow is my favorite color!
Love the zebra!

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.