Friday, June 15, 2012
(cups and saucers by Gary Rith) You probably think "ho hum, more POTS, how dull! let's talk
chocolate!!!!!" OK*** This is one of my favorite recipes, you may know it too...makes a lot of tasty treats too....
I probably don't have to tell you that licking off the knife and spoon is the best part of making these...
***You probably want that recipe for tasty chocolate walnut bars, eh wot? It comes from the back of the bag, Diamond walnuts, probably the tastiest walnut snack EVER. Aside from the walnuts, I don't think there is anything healthy about these at all....looks like they are hard to make but they are impossibly easy, actually....
TIMES Prep time: 0:15 Overall time: 0:40
SERVINGS 2 dozen
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1-1/2 cups Diamond walnuts, chopped
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate pieces
Heat oven to 350°F. In bowl, beat butter, sugar, egg and vanilla until creamy. Stir in flour, salt, and 1/2 cup walnuts. Spread lightly into lightly buttered 13x9-inch pan. Bake for 25 minutes, or until lightly browned. Immediately sprinkle with chocolate pieces and let stand for 5 minutes. Spread chocolate over cookie base. Sprinkle with remaining walnuts and press lightly. Cool. Cut into bars.
Spike remains, well, chubby? Zaftig? Traditionally built, plus sized, super sized or just plain large???
- ► 2016 (270)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- ► 2013 (366)
- cat puke on the flip flop: a true story told in ha...
- oat muffs and doggy mugs
- EEEK! Next week?
- "these will outlive you"
- that bird sure does get around....
- Monday's with Penny.....
- who cares about Bambi, lookit that teapot!
- why do you go to garage sales and buy junk when yo...
- put a ...Godzilla on it!
- put a bird on it, the final answer!
- put a CAT on it!
- FAVorite day of the year
- double chocolate vegan, gluten-free AMAZING cookie...
- the terrible Tuesdays haiku....
- putting the A$$ back in A$$LESS chaps!
- my gals
- great pair!!!!
- turtle Thursday! and put a bird on it....
- the homecoming.....
- she has an ID tag...
- Monday dose of awesome CUTENESS
- like watching paint dry on a '70 Ford Mustang....
- day 2...or is it 3?
- Pottery Pals: 3 Potters 3 Bloggers
- filthy thoughts....
- the bachelor blues in haikus
- the big beer mug challenge!
- the wife says "my own personal cat in the hat!"
- pigs at the trough....
- the usual disaster in the making...
- on Monday morning my head feels like it is stuffed...
- in which we go to a beautiful wedding and you see ...
- 25 years ago...and hanging out with (people who kn...
- Penny = LOOOOoooove
- I swear its true:
- ▼ June (36)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)