Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Monday, June 18, 2012

putting the A$$ back in A$$LESS chaps!

Or, "the return of the a$$less chaps!"
I will admit, this is the closest I have ever come to a$$less chaps...many of you will recall, this was a recurring joke a year or 2 ago, thanks to Goofy Kim...the wife and I were shopping Saturday in Syracuse and I had a close encounter with these things....luckily they were LARGE so I was not tempted to bring them home ;), plus, you know, maybe they were GERMY.....


The wife and I had brunch at Alto Cinco in Syracuse.....holy cats we love that little place...this is all veg of course, and lookit the wife, in the cowboy hat!


We picked up clay from Andrew and his family, who own my supplier Clayscapes in Syracuse...if you are guessing we use Clayscapes as an excuse to shop at our favorite stores and eat at our favorite places, you would be correct....


The wife will complain "you put all these pictures up, of the same thing!" Well, in the case below, I deleted MANY...and in one I have the tarts on a plate! These are gluten free, dairy free (the way I used soy milk and cheese) little mushroom tarts...fantastic, and easier than you think, basically a wee little QUICHE!



11 comments:

smartcat said...

Clay and an excuse to shop and eat out....business fun and yum!

Just curious...what is your favorite clay body? I think we all ache to see you in chaps...perhaps over the penguin pants?

Love those little tartlets......and what is that tee you are wearing?

Gary's third pottery blog said...

That tee may be my favorite of all: a polar bear from Life is Good boys' :) I use miller laguna clay #55.

Gary's third pottery blog said...

and the black tee, if that is the one you asked about, is a pirate Snoopy....maybe my favorite ;) I have 2 of them!

denis said...

One day you will find a$$less chaps in your size. yup, that day is coming.

Slade said...

Dude, you need to open a vegan restaurant in your next life. Seriously.

Kimberly said...

Great quiches!

Shortstuff said...

Your wife ROCKS a hat. Looking good there, Mrs. Rith.

Lori Buff said...

Those chaps don't look very vegan either.

Claudia from Idiot's Kitchen said...

Tarts! Yes!!!
Azzless chaps...Nooooooooo!

Michèle Hastings said...

fresh clay and little mushroom tarts - both yummy in their own way!

the day you own azzless chaps could be the day that Georges Le Soq returns from France (or wherever he went).

~ Sil in Corea said...

Where is the "Like" button when I need it?!
Those little mushroom tartlets are to die for. My mouth is filling up with saliva!
Hot cocoa is better with Vegemil A plain soymilk (note: Korean brand, very "creamy").

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.