Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Monday, June 4, 2012

the usual disaster in the making...

We started tomato seeds a few weeks ago.  Wait.  The wife did.  My basil is now dead.  But we have the wife's tomato plants, and as I said, Kerry gave us some tomato plants.  Today is (roughly) the planting moon.  It is also, predictably, amazingly cold and rainy, likely to stay that way for days....but, hey, I am a hero! I dug and created raised beds for the wife and filled them with compost.  Our tomato plants will die a comfortable death this summer.....*
This frog was like
"forget it guys, go inside and make those chocolate cookies you were talking about" **


*In 20 summers together me and the wife have planted tomato plants every year.  ONE YEAR we even got tomatoes. Put the blame on me. I wish I could garden, but I CANNOT.  Luckily I am good in bed and charming as hell....***
**cookies posted Tuesday, yaaaaay! I am so good at making cookies!
*** I mean, in bed?  I don't snore, steal the covers, drool.....I am better behaved than the beagle and the oversized cat!

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

Oh you made me laugh!

smalltownme said...

LOL over the better behaved part! I have a brown thumb but tomatoes are the one plant I can grow reliably.

smartcat said...

You remind me of my mother who thought it was a victory if she got three tomatoes from a plant. Newly married, first garden I decided I had to plant A LOT of plants if I wanted some to freeze etc. That was when I discovered that I can grow tomatoes. We had tomato sauce, tomato-vegetable juice, tomato jam, green tomato chutney and gave a ton away.

Take heart and make pottery tomatoes.

k.a. barnes said...

I realized this morning that my little tomato plants had an inch of so of standing water in them. They'll be lucky if they survive me! But pottery tomatoes, you may want to think about that...

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.