Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Sunday, June 24, 2012

why do you go to garage sales and buy junk when you are trying to get rid of junk you already have?



AFTER buying junk on the road, more on that in a sec, we had lunch with Tom at Agava.  We bump into Tom last week at a party...the wife was in the same freshman dorm in Chicago .  First time seeing each other in !!!! years, and he teaches here...small world, eh?
Ithaca?  Agava kicks a$$.  GO THERE and have brunchlunchordinner, yum!
ANYWAY....just before that we were biking all over east hill....and shopping at all the yard sales....the wife got a hat box for her stetson!!!! Worth a buck she tells me....but...I got a junky little ceramic beagle ....WHY? You ask...good question...I make beagles everyday! This thing has a certain and INSPIRING charm...and was worth the pocket change it cost me....



The usual cat vs. dog ninja sh!t......
have a great SUNDAY!



7 comments:

cookingwithgas said...

loving your crazy a** jars.

~ Sil in Corea said...

Heh! That little ceramic dog is a cutie, but not cute in the same way that yours are.

Michèle Hastings said...

a hat box... how cool is that!

Michèle Hastings said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joyful Things said...

I have to get myself one of those aprons!

Busy Bee Suz said...

Those ninja cat/dog matches are funny!!
I often wonder why I shop after I drop off a load of stuff at goodwill too. I should just buy stuff and take it directly to goodwill? :)
Yes, it is a small world!!!

Hilary said...

I love going to garage/yard sales on Saturday mornings. Primarily, I look for books, but I often come home with other goodies. Last week, I bought a beautiful long, suede winter coat. Never worn. It still had the tag on it. $5. That and a sh!tload of books for summer reading cost me less than $10. Yeah, I love yard sales.

The little ceramic beagle spoke to you. You HAD to buy it. :)

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.