Wednesday, June 20, 2012
double chocolate vegan, gluten-free AMAZING cookies
You were probably wondering what to feed your vegan friends who are gluten intolerant? As in, no wheat, no dairy, no eggs? The wife goes to a solstice party this evening with the dish to pass. LUCKY FOR HER I made her these cookies *** Ithaca, of course, is full of vegans, and a lot of people avoid wheat these days, but why should all these awesome people suffer through life desert-free and grim and miserable?
***Gary Rith's awesome and amazing gluten-free vegan chocolate cookies
makes 16 large or 24 small
(As long as you can buy chocolate chips and cocoa powder which are non-dairy--easy to do in Ithaca)
preheat oven to 350
--in large bowl, mix 1/3 cup soy milk and 2 TBS ground flax seeds
--add in 2/3 cup brown sugar and 1/3 cup oil, like canola, and 1 teas. vanilla
--mix in 3/4 cup oat flour, 1/4 cup cocoa powder, 1/4 teas. baking soda
--fold in 1.5 cups quick cooking oatmeal
--stir in 1/2 cup chocolate chips and 1/4 cup nuts, like walnuts or pecans
--drop spoonfuls onto baking sheet
--bake 10-12 minutes
--remove from oven, let cool several minutes then use spatula to set them onto wire rack to finish cooling, YUM!
- ► 2015 (235)
- ► 2014 (361)
- ► 2013 (366)
- cat puke on the flip flop: a true story told in ha...
- oat muffs and doggy mugs
- EEEK! Next week?
- "these will outlive you"
- that bird sure does get around....
- Monday's with Penny.....
- who cares about Bambi, lookit that teapot!
- why do you go to garage sales and buy junk when yo...
- put a ...Godzilla on it!
- put a bird on it, the final answer!
- put a CAT on it!
- FAVorite day of the year
- double chocolate vegan, gluten-free AMAZING cookie...
- the terrible Tuesdays haiku....
- putting the A$$ back in A$$LESS chaps!
- my gals
- great pair!!!!
- turtle Thursday! and put a bird on it....
- the homecoming.....
- she has an ID tag...
- Monday dose of awesome CUTENESS
- like watching paint dry on a '70 Ford Mustang....
- day 2...or is it 3?
- Pottery Pals: 3 Potters 3 Bloggers
- filthy thoughts....
- the bachelor blues in haikus
- the big beer mug challenge!
- the wife says "my own personal cat in the hat!"
- pigs at the trough....
- the usual disaster in the making...
- on Monday morning my head feels like it is stuffed...
- in which we go to a beautiful wedding and you see ...
- 25 years ago...and hanging out with (people who kn...
- Penny = LOOOOoooove
- I swear its true:
- ▼ June (36)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)