WRITE TO ME! email@example.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Wednesday, June 20, 2012
double chocolate vegan, gluten-free AMAZING cookies
You were probably wondering what to feed your vegan friends who are gluten intolerant? As in, no wheat, no dairy, no eggs? The wife goes to a solstice party this evening with the dish to pass. LUCKY FOR HER I made her these cookies *** Ithaca, of course, is full of vegans, and a lot of people avoid wheat these days, but why should all these awesome people suffer through life desert-free and grim and miserable?
***Gary Rith's awesome and amazing gluten-free vegan chocolate cookies
makes 16 large or 24 small
(As long as you can buy chocolate chips and cocoa powder which are non-dairy--easy to do in Ithaca)
preheat oven to 350
--in large bowl, mix 1/3 cup soy milk and 2 TBS ground flax seeds
--add in 2/3 cup brown sugar and 1/3 cup oil, like canola, and 1 teas. vanilla
--mix in 3/4 cup oat flour, 1/4 cup cocoa powder, 1/4 teas. baking soda
--fold in 1.5 cups quick cooking oatmeal
--stir in 1/2 cup chocolate chips and 1/4 cup nuts, like walnuts or pecans
--drop spoonfuls onto baking sheet
--bake 10-12 minutes
--remove from oven, let cool several minutes then use spatula to set them onto wire rack to finish cooling, YUM!
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- ► 2013 (366)
- cat puke on the flip flop: a true story told in ha...
- oat muffs and doggy mugs
- EEEK! Next week?
- "these will outlive you"
- that bird sure does get around....
- Monday's with Penny.....
- who cares about Bambi, lookit that teapot!
- why do you go to garage sales and buy junk when yo...
- put a ...Godzilla on it!
- put a bird on it, the final answer!
- put a CAT on it!
- FAVorite day of the year
- double chocolate vegan, gluten-free AMAZING cookie...
- the terrible Tuesdays haiku....
- putting the A$$ back in A$$LESS chaps!
- my gals
- great pair!!!!
- turtle Thursday! and put a bird on it....
- the homecoming.....
- she has an ID tag...
- Monday dose of awesome CUTENESS
- like watching paint dry on a '70 Ford Mustang....
- day 2...or is it 3?
- Pottery Pals: 3 Potters 3 Bloggers
- filthy thoughts....
- the bachelor blues in haikus
- the big beer mug challenge!
- the wife says "my own personal cat in the hat!"
- pigs at the trough....
- the usual disaster in the making...
- on Monday morning my head feels like it is stuffed...
- in which we go to a beautiful wedding and you see ...
- 25 years ago...and hanging out with (people who kn...
- Penny = LOOOOoooove
- I swear its true:
- ▼ June (36)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)