Sure, you know it, the wife is out of town for...not quite 48 hours yet. She will be home in...just a little more than 48 hours. Not that I am counting or anything ;) You were probably wondering what this temporary bachelor is doing? Making stuff! Like I always do. Like, FRIJOLES! You suddenly realize when you have simmered the crock pot full of chipotle peppers and pinto beans that....you have a lot of food for one person. Then you imagine "I don't need to do anything to cook for a few days, just open the fridge, grab a tortilla, grab some frijoles and cervezas and :) " Alright, yesterday's highlight? Many of you know this already: I went down to an elderly care facility to get the orientation. Monday = the debut of, I kid you not: "MONDAYS WITH PENNY" at Longview! Longview has senior apartments, and assisted care, and Penny, as you may recall, was nominated by our vet as the friendliest dog she had ever met (REALLY!) and said she NEEDED to go out and play with people (not, ahem, other dogs...she hates 99.99999 percent of other dogs) (and squirrels). SO, I love Longview. My buddy Kerry, as you know, works there, and it is the sort of place that I wish I lived in....I put our names on the waiting list....40 years! Good thing we got on the list now... Anyway, driving down there? I was pulled over. IN BRIEF: (last time a police officer stopped me was 1991.) He caught me speeding. First he asks why I think he stopped me? I had no idea. I said nothing. Then he tells me I was doing 31 in a 30 zone. One mile over the limit. He tells me he is giving me a break, the ticket is for "disobeying a traffic signal" which is far cheaper and does not affect my auto insurance. The officer, um, seemed to think I might be grateful for this little break? The wife has an expression: "no good deed goes unpunished". Ironic, isn't it, getting a speeding ticket on my way to volunteer at the senior facility?
(new pottery by Gary Rith)
Gary's Third Pottery Blog
"I use my blue Rith bowls almost everyday (since 1985). Best trade ever." --Monica
- ► 2014 (361)
- ► 2013 (366)
- cat puke on the flip flop: a true story told in ha...
- oat muffs and doggy mugs
- EEEK! Next week?
- "these will outlive you"
- that bird sure does get around....
- Monday's with Penny.....
- who cares about Bambi, lookit that teapot!
- why do you go to garage sales and buy junk when yo...
- put a ...Godzilla on it!
- put a bird on it, the final answer!
- put a CAT on it!
- FAVorite day of the year
- double chocolate vegan, gluten-free AMAZING cookie...
- the terrible Tuesdays haiku....
- putting the A$$ back in A$$LESS chaps!
- my gals
- great pair!!!!
- turtle Thursday! and put a bird on it....
- the homecoming.....
- she has an ID tag...
- Monday dose of awesome CUTENESS
- like watching paint dry on a '70 Ford Mustang....
- day 2...or is it 3?
- Pottery Pals: 3 Potters 3 Bloggers
- filthy thoughts....
- the bachelor blues in haikus
- the big beer mug challenge!
- the wife says "my own personal cat in the hat!"
- pigs at the trough....
- the usual disaster in the making...
- on Monday morning my head feels like it is stuffed...
- in which we go to a beautiful wedding and you see ...
- 25 years ago...and hanging out with (people who kn...
- Penny = LOOOOoooove
- I swear its true:
- ▼ June (36)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)