Tuesday, June 5, 2012
pigs at the trough....
(pottery by Gary Rith)
Before we get to those chocolate cookies, lets talk pigs. You know I have made the standing piggy banks pictured toward the back in that photo since 1989. Then 10-12 years ago I added the small sitting bank, with belly button. I also have made myself a couple of these piggy card holders. People at fairs would try to buy it and, me being dense, would be like "but it is my card holder, no!". Thinking "stupid customers, leave me alone!" which is REALLY what all potters think of you civilians, if you want the truth ;)
Ahem. That was a joke.
Anyway, off at Jacci's store, people are apparently always trying to buy my card holder, and per usual I am like "stupid people, it is MINE!". But, a potter and sculptor like me, it occurs to ME that I am the stupid one, can also make them and sell them, DUH!!!! So who has been stupid all along? I also made the wife a dog card holder (beagle!) and maybe I should make and sell some of those too....
Please don't look at the phone number there and call me. I never answer the phone even if you are a relative. I like emails, not phones, and new cards don't have the number at all...
well, i would pick up if the wife calls. YES, I screen calls....or simply never pick up....OK....cookies!!!!
Yesterday on pinterest I see "oatmeal chocolate chip bars" and I am like ???!!!!! (sorry, can't find the original)
AND so I decide I am dying to make them....and they are so simple and good, and I made 3 changes, so I guess that makes it my recipe, almost? Below you will see what I did, next to original, to make it no dairy, no egg = vegan. let's just say they are AWESOME AND EASY too.
oatmeal choc chip bars
grease 8 x 8 or 9 x 9 pyrex baking dish
1/2 cup butter (I used earthbalance margerine)
2/3 cup brown sugar
3/8 cup white sugar
1 egg (I used 2 oz. toffuti soy 'cream' cheese and 1/4 cup soy milk)
1/2 teas vanilla
1 teas baking powder
1 cup rolled or quick oats (I used quick oats--I figure it would hold together more easily)
preheat oven to 375
-cream margerine, sugars, egg or soy and vanilla in a bowl
-second bowl, combine flour, baking powder and oats (original did not do this, but I did)
-add the flour mix to the margerine bowl, stir until nicely mixed, add choc chips
-pour the crumbly mixture into greased pan, press into an evenly spread pan, bake 18-22 minutes--until it looks like it is just getting golden brown
-let dish cool for say 30 minutes, then cut into bars, like 16 of them, while it is still a little warm and soft, then let bars cool on wire rack, YUM! I finished these and cut them just when the wife came home...I was a BIG STAR and you could be too!
- ► 2016 (240)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- ► 2013 (366)
- cat puke on the flip flop: a true story told in ha...
- oat muffs and doggy mugs
- EEEK! Next week?
- "these will outlive you"
- that bird sure does get around....
- Monday's with Penny.....
- who cares about Bambi, lookit that teapot!
- why do you go to garage sales and buy junk when yo...
- put a ...Godzilla on it!
- put a bird on it, the final answer!
- put a CAT on it!
- FAVorite day of the year
- double chocolate vegan, gluten-free AMAZING cookie...
- the terrible Tuesdays haiku....
- putting the A$$ back in A$$LESS chaps!
- my gals
- great pair!!!!
- turtle Thursday! and put a bird on it....
- the homecoming.....
- she has an ID tag...
- Monday dose of awesome CUTENESS
- like watching paint dry on a '70 Ford Mustang....
- day 2...or is it 3?
- Pottery Pals: 3 Potters 3 Bloggers
- filthy thoughts....
- the bachelor blues in haikus
- the big beer mug challenge!
- the wife says "my own personal cat in the hat!"
- pigs at the trough....
- the usual disaster in the making...
- on Monday morning my head feels like it is stuffed...
- in which we go to a beautiful wedding and you see ...
- 25 years ago...and hanging out with (people who kn...
- Penny = LOOOOoooove
- I swear its true:
- ▼ June (36)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)