Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Saturday, June 2, 2012

25 years ago...and hanging out with (people who know) famous people


I went to Bennington College, Peter Dinklage did too, more on him below. He started just after I graduated, which was 25 years ago today! 25 years ago I graduated from college, how did that happen????
Here is a picture of me spring of 1987 with my bunny...yes, I had a bunny when I was in college....
also, me and my buddy Alex on graduation day, June 1987---holy cats, 25 years....Alex was my friend from the first moment in college, lived next door in a suite of freshman boys.  Nearly all of us who lived in that suite in 1983 are still good friends. Below me and Alex is part of my senior show.


OK, the point about famous people?  My buddy in the pics below, Kerry, is hanging out with me Thursday.  She is on her way to Bennington College's graduation because a) her godson who is also her cousin graduates today and is the student speaker and b) he, his mother, and my pal Kerry are all friends with...Peter Dinklage! From the same town and all that.  Last night, I swear I am not making this up, Kerry is at the college partying with Peter Dinklage..... suddenly it seems like a small world, eh?
anyway, here is us Thursday, with her dogs...she gave me a bunch of tomato plants, yessssss....
and it is sorta obvious what somebody said about me yesterday, referring to my 21 year old self versus now:  I lost the baby fat! I guess I did....I still have all that hair, just shorter now...and can't read telephone books or street signs anymore, but glasses suit me....


7 comments:

~ Sil in Corea said...

What a wonderful reunion! Penny is lovin' her some people, too.

Barbara Rogers said...

Good morning Gary...what was the bunny's name? I'm thinking "fluffy" or "monster"...or?

Stacey B said...

Love Peter. First Ray LaMontagne, now Peter!!! I'm moving there ASAP.

Little Miss Sunshine State said...

College Gary was cute!
Was the bunny named Bunster (Bunny/Monster)?

smalltownme said...

Cute bunny.

Busy Bee Suz said...

Oh...he's the angry elf. :O
Love the old photos as well as the newbies.
Yay for 'mater plants!!!!

Reverend Awesome said...

You look the same! I too am wondering about the bunnies name.

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.