Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

FAVorite day of the year

Well, maybe June 1 is my FAVorite, with the 3 great months ahead, but June 20, the longest day of the year is AWESOME. 96 degrees or something like that here today...and HUMID!  Felt pretty good, though, living here, as we do, on a riverbank, breezy and at least 15 degrees cooler.  Visitors will notice we have no air conditioning....never have....usually it is so cooooooold.

Anyway, love it all.  I got these pots made today, super excited about them, and got them out into the sun to dry with the laundry....and finally finished a couple parts of my new FAIR display...left is wine crates now hinged on a yellow board.  It folds flat in the car, opens up to be shelves bolted to my table, clever, eh?  on the right another yellow board, but with hooks, to hold wall pieces then also bolted to my table....have an awesome evening!

4 comments:

Patricia Griffin Ceramics said...

Sounds like a wonderful day!... The shelving is clever! Good idea!

~ Sil in Corea said...

The (annual) Longest Day is wonderful, indeed.

I still have memories of playing volleyball until 9:45 in the evening, up in central Maine, one summer solstice. It was the first time I became clearly aware of that moment in twilight when shadows disappear and everything becomes curiously "flat." We had to stop playing. Binocular vision is not the largest part of our "depth perception."

Michèle Hastings said...

I love your new yellow. The wine crate idea is pretty neat.

Claudia from Idiot's Kitchen said...

Tomorrow is the best day of the year...Jim's and my anniversary...we got married on the solstice and longest day of the year (that year) so we could have more time to party.

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.