Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Friday, June 1, 2012

I swear its true:

I SWEAR its true:  I saw an elderly couple in front of a big old pinkish house (Ithaca, Cayuga St, approx. across from Kinneys) helping each other into the house...80+, and it was so sweet, like UP-the house, the couple etc, and I was like "THAT is what I want to be when I grow up".

And speaking of cute couples, Saturday we go to a wedding:  the couple has been dating 13+ years...since they were 12 years old!!!!

OK, this bowl?  Last week I have 2 AWESOME visitors to the studio.  I am showing off, I have a big chunk of clay, I make a huge bowl....and later?  Because one of the visitors has a beagle too? I make a beagle on the rim...eating the bowl....


(new pottery by Gary Rith)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gary,
It is wonderful...I feel like it's a Winnie bowl now!! I had a freind over the other night and I was showing off your pottery and she said Wow you have quite a collection...I let her know I've only just begun, thank you for a wonderful visit, I'll wait to see the bowl at Jacci's.
Sandi

Lori Buff said...

Cute bowl, I hope it doesn't give my dogs any ideas.
Thanks for the sweet story.

Claudia from Idiot's Kitchen said...

cute! love the multi shaded glaze too.

cookingwithgas said...

chow hound!
Yes- I love the look of love- sweet older couples helping one another=love!

Michèle Hastings said...

I love where you are going with the animals eating rims!

Busy Bee Suz said...

The bowl is adorable!
Have fun at the wedding...they have quite the love story don't they? I wonder who long the 80+ couple have been together? 90 years???

Barbara Rogers said...

(second try to leave commenT) Hi Gary...your bowl with little dog is precious...and the idea of animals eating their dishes...hope that catches on with people, and the animals continue to not eat the real dishes, if you know what I mean.

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.