Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Thursday, June 14, 2012

turtle Thursday! and put a bird on it....

Do you know the whole "put a bird on it thing"? *  It really is flippin' funny, you see Marth!a Stewar!t
and suddenly she is selling white covered dishes with...a bird on top!  Customers contact me "do you do birds?"  or "can you put a bird on it?" which is not hard to do, but crap on toast, maybe I am not IN THE MOOD TO PUT A BIRD ON IT?????? ***
But maybe sometimes I AM in the mood to put a bird on it, and I had the idea to try to make some turtle items I had not made before, and I thought I could put a flippin' bird on it...turning the knob on top into a bird.  I did a good job, had a good time, but that sh!t is OUT of my system for now...(not the turtles, I plan to make a lot more jars like left below seen with turtle teapot and small turtle coin banks) but I remain more of a FROG PERSON and likely will put frogs on future turtle jar knobs...
By coincidence, I rescued a REAL turtle Wednesday, see below! He was in the road, I moved him to the river bank behind our house....


Then there was the whole cinnamon roll thing....remember I made St Lucias' cats a couple of weeks ago? That is an excellent dough, so I endeavored to roll it out, sprinkle cinnamon on it, roll it up, slice, bake, top with cinnamon sugar :)  OH BOY!



*** I have said this before:  customers and their kinky requests!  Customers need to realize "I may want a bird on it, but Gary might want to make a frog on it, genius is just that way..."

*

8 comments:

Lori Buff said...

Maybe you'll start a revolution and everyone will be putting a turtle on stuff.

Claudia from Idiot's Kitchen said...

The problem is that when you make things like these birds and turtles, they're so awesome that everyone wants more. I'm afraid you might have more birds in your future. Cinnamon rolls look great!!! By the way, I think you should make t-shirts that say, "genius is just that way..." I'd buy one. :)

Gary's third pottery blog said...

OH GOSH alright already...more bird genius today ;)

Little Miss Sunshine State said...

Put a cinnamon roll on it?

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

If anyone could put a bird on it, it's you!

Michèle Hastings said...

Jeff thinks that I have gone too far with my "put a bird on it" jokes. I am not ready to let it go, the video just cracks me up.

Busy Bee Suz said...

The video is hilarious! I kinda prefer frogs and turtles too. Good job on the rescue!

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

Mrs. G. loves that video and she loves birds. Just thought you should know. :)

Now I need to show the video to my son, whose fiancee does just love birds... she LOVES birds.

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.