Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

wicked new work....





(new pottery by Gary Rith)

There is A LOT going on in my work life now, and here is a bunch of it. I have another load of pots in the kiln now cooling, and so I just figured I would put all these up from the last couple of days. A lot of experiments and messing around. This teapot idea is something to keep thinking about, it looks pretty sharp.

I have in this kilnload which is cooling a glaze test. I was so excited about it that I dreamt about it last night (potters will know what this is like). In the dream the glaze spattered and melted all over the inside of the kiln, a real horror story, a potter's nightmare! A quick peek inside just now shows that this did not happen, although I will want to change the colorants in the recipe further....maybe more white and blues in it....

The dog and the cat are not for sale, but these mugs are at my etsy gallery!




9 comments:

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

Your constantly evolving creativity amazes me. And you could bring in a hefty price on Spike if you sold him by the pound. ;)

Lori Buff said...

Beautiful glazes. Sorry about the dream.

Summer said...

Re: dragon..

"Disappointments should be cremated, not embalmed "
- Henry S. Haskins

Gary's third pottery blog said...

oh the dream is Ok, just potterhead dreams, and YES! get some matches!

Busy Bee Suz said...

The pitchers are adorable!!! So are the sleeping critters.
Glad your kiln did not turn COLORFUL!!!

Unknown said...

Your pots are truly wonderful. Yes, I have those dreams too, especially when Raku season prevails. Always people running around with their heads on fire, the dogs going to the vet with serious burns, and an exploding pot catapulted onto the neighbors house in flames.
But what is better than pottery? We adore it, and always have a pensive, and worry-some great time. Something about opening that kiln, and holding something that never existed before...amazing! :)

k.a. barnes said...

I love the tilty teapot.
And how cute is it when pets use pillows like they're people??

Joyful Things said...

The pots are great, the glazes are perfection! Beautiful.

Susan Lippman said...

Sublime!

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.