Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

when April was like March....




Late yesterday afternoon I had been glazing dragons etc and was bored with the house and so I was like, to the beagle,
"Penny, let's get OUT" and she is always up for that and so we went to our favorite place, the Cornell Plantations, hundreds of acres of forests, trees, gardens. There is one, ONLY ONE trash can in all those hundreds of acres and Penny pooped next to it, bless her little heart, so I could use my bag and play catch and release and not carry the dang thing all around :)
We have a very very late spring this year. I mean, it was snowing this time last week, and it gets warmer today, but its been a very cold season, really....



(new pottery by Gary Rith)

10 comments:

cookingwithgas said...

Happy Spring at last!
Yep we are in Whynot NC funny area right out of Seagrove NC

CiCi said...

We had some snow last week too, and since then mostly rain. Too wet to ride bikes. And too cold for me. I don't like breathing the cold air.

Busy Bee Suz said...

Penny the Polite Pooper!
Yay for spring, you deserve it!!!!

Joyful Things said...

I love the little teapot on the teapot lid - your pottery always has such interesting details.

Susan as Herself said...

We have had nothing but clouds and rain for weeks. UGH!

Julia said...

I love how whimsical your work is - that teapot on the teapot is wicked awesome & made me do a doubletake.

When will you have your cool dragons for purchase on etsy? I desperately need one for my pottery studio patio.

Unknown said...

LOVE, LOVE, Your pottery, so cool! great pixs...:)

Reverend Awesome said...

Warm day for you today!

Unknown said...

That Penny! She's a keeper!!!
Just like that lovely teapot!

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

I was so busy ready to praise you for picking up after your dog that I almost forgot to comment on the lovely vase!
Our daffodils have bloomed and left us. Tulips are on their way out, but the iris are looking promising.

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.