Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Saturday, April 16, 2011

adrenaline RUSH



The wife is on the road for the day and I needed to do some errands out there
(TAR-JAY! Tabasco, btw, was on sale, Starschmucks bags too)
and rain was expected, according to the radio, at 9am. With horrendous winds warning until midnight. I was like
"saddle up the kites before it rains!" and so on my way to Tar-JAY I stopped at the park, dogless for a change, and pulled out first the shark kite, then the fish kite. Holy cats, flying kites is the biggest rush. I told the wife after Megan invited us cliff climbing
"they will need somebody at the bottom, guarding the cooler---that would be me"
because I do NOT do that kind of adventure. I don't do any kind of adventure actually, but flying kites is MY KIND of wild outing. The winds were superb, and just before 9 I was cold and packed up and was leaving, and here came the MONSOONS...perfect timing....

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow at first glance thought it was a UFO you were pointing at. Glad to see you are having a great time! Makes us smile a lot....love the kites!
We were stuck with high winds, rain, et....like you said, "We get all of it before you, and we do"! Done here and glad it's gone....whoooooooosh! :)

Joyful Things said...

I agree with you 100% Gary - I too am a cooler guard. Anywhere that my fall will be less than my own height is perfect for me - the bonus is that we will be closer to the beverages.

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

Wow, what a storm we had here! Total deluge. I wanted to get out and take pictures but the lightning was a bit scary.

Kite flying... that fits right in with our idea of fun. :)

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.