Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Sunday, April 3, 2011

the MASSIVE birthday party.....

OK, so, you know, its my birthday week, yes indeedy, and I was like, to the wife "what if we had a wee party???". Like when you are a kid, and all the other little friends from your pre-school come over for cake and cookies. I don't think I ever did that, actually, but with turning 45, and a boatload of beers in the fridge, I was thinking some folks might come over.....and they all did. It was packed! Get this: FOUR of us present had birthdays this week, what kind of coincidence is that> Stev0 asked if I had ever had that many people in the studio...and more came later..... But first, coincidentally, it was haircut day for me and the wife down at Michelles. That guarenteed the 2 of us were looking super sexy..... the wife did not know I was taking her picture in embarrasing positions... Benji and Stev0....note clever kiwi-raspberry snack on a stick Arjan and Julie---they were thinking of Oktoberfest and dressing like beer wenches next fall.....I s'pose us dudes would have to find leather shorts....below, Kerry, Brett, Julie and Paul---it was Paul's birthday Saturday, Julie is Monday---I sadly did not get any good pics of Amy whose birthday is also in a couple of days....(what is it with all the April birthdays? you sorta count back nine months and wonder if there is something especially amorous about July????????) Kerry, Brett, Paul and David

10 comments:

jim said...

damn amigo, that's a big do for your studio. i can't believe you're 45... man, it won't be long til you're 50. glad you all had a good time and it's a good thing you got a haircut, it makes you look YOUNGER

k.a. barnes said...

Those cookies were monstrously good... and monstrously huge. It took me, like, ten minutes to eat one.

Reverend Awesome said...

Maude has the sweetest smile. So warm and kind.

Looks like a blast! So many happy people and cookies! You've surrounded yourself with amazing people. The key to a happy life and a happy birthday party!

Youre an awesome dude, Mr. Rith!

Unknown said...

So glad you had such a wonderful time, and with such wonderful people. Birthday was a success! You deserve it! :)

Unknown said...

What an awesome birthday!!

Cheryl said...

Wow! You sure know how to throw a party! Looks like a fine time indeed. You don't look a day over 30. And Maude is stunning! As for April 1st birthdays, my best friend of 37 years celebrates that day and my middle son celebrates April 12th-woohoo for April! Glad you had an awesome day and best wishes for the next year! Oh and tell Georges I hope he had an o.k. day too.

Busy Bee Suz said...

Uber sexy haircuts for YOU both.
Happy birthday...happy party for all FOUR of you.
xo

Gallow said...

Best Name Tags Ever!!!

Knight said...

SUPER SEXY!

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

Cookies and beer -- perfect party food. Hope you had a great birthday, Gary!

I was off on the other coast, taking care of my mom. Sorry I missed the chance to wish you a happy birthday on time!

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.