Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Friday, April 29, 2011

"old gassy dog on the couch, a haiku by Gary Rith" TRUE STORY!


(sketch by Gary Rith)
Well, this story has a couple of origins. One, you know, Buster is old, and I was sitting with him yesterday at his back end, and well.....
TWO, Benji and Knight and Kasey are doing this handwritten blog post thing. My own effort in that direction had to involve 1) the typewriter 2) a silly sketch and 3) a haiku, because life is always more fun in haiku form.

OK, below. The other night I am helping the wife with her huge piles of crapola, and in a box she finds the little brown box, below left, from her grandmother's bureau. I am rowing away...yes, rowing in the studio, practicing in case I ever get a chance to row an actual BOAT....and I am staring at that thing for several minutes, admiring how the base is petal-like. And I am like "I can do that!" so I made the teapot there....


You probably need something like this sugar bowl, for sale now at my etsy gallery....

13 comments:

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

LOVE the drawing, the haiku, and your imagination while rowing.

BSOB said...

hey! good work man, and the pots are cool too..

Busy Bee Suz said...

Gary, you are the most creative person I know. Love the drawings, the haiku and the sugar bowl!!!

Knight said...

That haiku is the first thing I read this morning when I woke up...after your e-mail. I couldn't stop laughing. The expression is fantastic!

Michèle Hastings said...

thank you for the first laugh of the day!

Cheryl said...

Ah, your blog today made me smile! Funny, the hubby and I were talking last night about gassy dogs...how we now can blame Java as well as Buddy....Anyhow, have a bee-yoo-tee-full weekend!

Joyful Things said...

always blame the dog ........

Reverend Awesome said...

HAHA! Well this is fantastic.

a m dohan said...

do you know Walter?
http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Walter-the-Farting-Dog/William-Kotzwinkle/e/9781583940532

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

Old beans are bad with people too. :-P

cm said...

"life is always more fun in haiku form"
Words to live by.

Unknown said...

Haiku is funny
Especially when there's gas
Old dogs can't help it.

k.a. barnes said...

Frances ate a hard-boiled easter egg the other day. I feel your pain.
And yes, I think I might need that elephant sugar bowl...

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.