Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

can a monkey and a typewriter write HAMLET????


Or even just a sonnet?
So, basically, the winter boots get cleaned and go into the closet, and the rain boots come out of the closet for the first time in a few months. I am scared to death of who may have died in there over the winter---is there gonna be a dead mouse in my boot, and its like SQUISH???? BElieve that I shake those boots out first...

You can see my rude sock monkey Georges Le Soq helping me make art yesterday...he is like
"shall I compare thee to a summer's day?
Thou art more lovely and more temperate..."

and I am like NICE Georges, a sonnet! And he grins modestly, although I suspect he has copied somebody more famous ;)

BTW, our computers are having some kind of problem. There was thunder and lightening yesterday and we can barely operate here--sorry I have not visited your blogs etc......will catch up sometime soon!






You will be needing mugs like this from my etsy shop: Godzilla and Bigfoot eating people!

9 comments:

Capital M said...

Yes, just the thing for morning coffee. Eye-opening, wouldn't you say?

Unknown said...

That is a heck of a nice typewriter! :)

Oh, and Brian is always wondering what is in his boots, gloves etc.. doesn't hurt to check. ;)

Gary's third pottery blog said...

scorpians????? rattlesnakes or cobras????????? a fistful of dollars????????????????

Lori Buff said...

Who wouldn't want monsters with their morning coffee?

CiCi said...

We moved the winter boots from the mud room to the closet today. We don't have rain boots though.

Busy Bee Suz said...

I am always a bit scared to put on my shoes if they have been sitting...or outside. SPIDERS. OY!!
Awesome drawings Gary!

Unknown said...

Always love your pottery Gary! and of course a Sock Monkey can type Hamlet, afterall, wasn't Hamlet written on just such characters as our Sock Monkeys? MMM We think so. "To be or not to be"? mmmmmm

k.a. barnes said...

ALWAYS shake out your boots before putting a foot in them! I learned this the hard way ;(

Reverend Awesome said...

What happened, Kerry? Why have I never thought about creatures being in my shoes?

I hope to only ever find fist fulls of dollars in my shoes.

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.