Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Friday, April 22, 2011

Judy, Liam and me...

So like I say in the post below, Judy is one of my very oldest pals, going back to when I was 17, and her son Liam is now...17. She was my best friend in college with Alex and Denis. We all lived in the same hallway as freshman and been friends since. We lived very close to Judy's family for over 20 years up until 5 years ago when we moved west and they moved east. I first saw baby Liam when he was -7 months, and the next time when he was +2 months old. Liam is a VERY smart and polite and friendly guy from a smart family. He is thinking, God help me, chemical engineering, he is in a big high school and just a spot or 2 down from valedictorian. So, he was here looking at Cornell. Amazing how kids grow up, blows you away how much they change in 5, or even 17 years.

I have more pics for later, but I took them to Buttermilk Falls (little falls here) and Taughannock Falls (tall falls here plus playground). For the record, Taughannock has the coolest playground for adults on EARTH....










4 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad you are all having such a great time! The Falls are really spectacular, and love all the rock formations.

Aunt Snow said...

Ah, beautiful!! He looks like a great guy, too.

Reverend Awesome said...

And he's back there doing pull ups!? Holy cow, Liam.

That is a cool adult playground full of cool kids.

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

Wait, there's a playground there, too? We missed that!
And yes those Chem Eng guys are too brainy for me. That must be why MM had to move all the way across the country! ;)

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.