Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Laura, Tommy and teapots....

FIRSTLY, Hilary at The Smitten Image, the most classy and wonderful blog, has selected me for a POTW award.
I have won her award a couple of times before, I am very grateful for her support :)


(above--new teapots by Gary Rith, below, Tommy unloading the kilns at Cornell ceramics----they are closing us down over at the university, unless something really big and good happens)




Laura has been a student of mine at Cornell ceramics this spring. You hate to have favorites when you are a teacher, but you always do...Laura learns easily and she likes to put animals on pots like the snake on her bowl here PLUS she is awesome at illustration...and I wanted her to get those drawings onto clay. So that is what we did Tuesday---a lesson in using underglazes to draw on clay. And yes, she has an awesome new blog going showing her artwork, have a look!

6 comments:

Busy Bee Suz said...

Beautiful stuff Gary. It's ok to have favorites too!

Lori Buff said...

Oh no. Why are they closing you down?

Gary's third pottery blog said...

closing us down because idiots are in charge :)

Reverend Awesome said...

People, all people, need to rise up against idiocy. It is OUT OF CONTROL! It's ruining lives. Not just annoying lives, ruining them. When idiocy effects our jobs and our country we need to make a stand. And right here, right now, I'm making a stand. I will not stand for idiocy. I will not suffer fools gladly. Why should I? Why should I be glad do suffer fools? I won't. And the rest of you shouldn't either. First step, try to teach people not to be idiots. If they are unwilling to learn, BATTLE!

Unknown said...

Congratulations on you post of the week! You deserve it!

Secondly, I just love that teapot.
Love, love, love the color, and the shape!!!

Amy said...

Like the teapot lots- congrats!!

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.