Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Monday, April 18, 2011

baby you can drive my car.....


You saw last week the first cars and pickup I had made. I keep thinking of improvements, and THIS ONE has wheels that rollllllllllllllll!


(new pottery by Gary Rith)

15 comments:

kate et jim said...

That song is gonna be in my head all day now, Gary... ;)

Gallow said...

WOW!! This is spectacular. Incredible work.

Busy Bee Suz said...

Beautiful. I bet they are hybrids as well. :)

CiCi said...

Are the wheels rubber or pottery?
This is so cute. I didn't comment on the dragon post yesterday. This is a good idea, the outside place to burn the problems and also the small size dragon to use tea lights or incense cones.

Gary's third pottery blog said...

Everything (except the wooden axles) is clay thrown on the wheel. The tires are clay made on the wheel, the seat, the steering wheel, everything. Well, the dogs are hand sculpted clay :)

Unknown said...

Absolutely brilliant Gary!
That could be Sam and Scout in that car!!

Cheryl said...

Beep, beep!

Unknown said...

First you rock! (the song reference)

Then you roll!!! (the tires)

IS THERE NO END TO YOUR TALENTS???

Susan as Herself said...

You may now add "toymaker" to your list of credits. ;)

Joyful Things said...

I love those dogs! Sheer exhilaration and joy on their faces.

Gary's third pottery blog said...

I would love to be a toymaker :)

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

You da bomb, GR! And, now I'm off to listen to that song about a million times to get it out of my head.

Or, maybe I'll just play some Justin Bieber. :-D

Michèle Hastings said...

love the tongue hanging out of the passenger dogs mouth... reminds of car rides with my dog misty :-)

Shortstuff said...

LOVE the new car with the doggies hanging out the windows and wheels that mooooove. Coolaroonie!

Aunt Snow said...

I want!

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.