Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

NOT the cable guy

Company dude on the phone yesterday is like
"repair guy will be there in 24 hours" and I am like
"arrrrgh! I can't go anywhere!" and a little while later, maybe an hour, there is a call
"what is your problem? Where do you live?"
"I live in the purple house" and repair guy is like
"be there in ten" and I am like
"SWEET"
and internet repair guy is all friendly and comes in and replaces the thingy and helps me make sure all 3 computers (gawdddddddddd...2 people and 3 computers in this house? 2 bathrooms for 2 people also.....)
AND on is way out? Timely, friendly and helpful internet repair guy? He buys a teapot. With cash.




(new pottery for sale at my etsy gallery by Gary Rith)

15 comments:

Shortstuff said...

Super sweet. Connectivity AND a sale. Bonus!

cookingwithgas said...

and buys a teapot! No- I want that guy!

kate et jim said...

Unheard of...! You got lucky, dude.

Busy Bee Suz said...

WOW...early, friendly and he has cash? Perfect!!!!

Lori Buff said...

Is this a dream you had? I've never heard of great service like that from the cable company. I hope that guy doesn't get fired for being good.

Gary's third pottery blog said...

man sez he has been working for them 40 years, since back when the phone company owned the phones :)

Mustang Sally said...

Nice. On an unrelated note, Gary, what would a gal have to do to get you to ship to Europe from your etsy shop? At this point this is a general inquiry but it may become imminent in the next few months. I only see US/Canada shipping on the site. I understand if it is prohibitively expensive or whatever. Thanks.

Gary's third pottery blog said...

I s'pose I could add Europe, thanks! Doing it now....

Unknown said...

Wow, what a deal...so happy for you. Don't you just love when people just come in and purchase your work? It's the greatest feeling, and makes Art worth doing! Yeah cousin, but who wouldn't love your work? No one I know....

Knight said...

This story is hard to believe but perhaps it should convince you to have more open house type days to sell more goods!

gz said...

The best sales...when you get to keep all your hard earned cash!!

Unknown said...

Talk about hitting the JACKPOT!!!

He's gonna love that teapot for years to come, I bet!

Michèle Hastings said...

i love it when that happens! we had cord wood delivered this winter and they bought so many pots it was almost an even exchange!

k.a. barnes said...

I think you live in an alternate reality, Gary.

Reverend Awesome said...

That's awesome! Yay! More nice people like that, please.

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.