Gary's Third Pottery Blog
When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....
WRITE TO ME! firstname.lastname@example.org Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Monday, August 29, 2016
when you wonder if you are doing the right things...
I probably come across as full of bluster and self-confidence, when really I am just a wee little mouse full of self-doubts and neuroses. As the wife tells me "you're awfully cute for someone so neurotic" …which is, um, a compliment maybe? Just like Woody Allen...
ANYWAY, so many things can and DO go wrong in pottery (you'll find me tinkering with the pink glazes today, due to problems…) but when things go so VERY right you might just feel like you are doing the right things after all…at least some of the time ;)
The wee teapot here is, as I have said, likely to be entered into a competition, and when I pictured it a week ago some one asked for a full-size teapot, I made 2, they came out of the kiln Sunday and it looks like both have sold already….
Posted by Gary's third pottery blog at 5:20 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- the VERY SH!TTY morning….
- that color scheme seems pretty groovy...
- when you wonder if you are doing the right things...
- inordinately proud of myself...
- NOT skin cancer...
- your own personal dragon….
- even I don't get to the beach this summer...
- creative efforts...
- Britney and gluten-free pesto pizza!
- starry starry night...
- the first tomato
- Mr. Mug…on a mug
- putting it together…before and after...
- that HOLY CATS glaze combo
- and the latest...
- beagle belly
- A winery on a lake, what's not to love????
- and so the kiln is fixed…again...
- what does today hold…?
- NOT a cat on a hot tin roof...
- news updates…..and bowls and bowls….
- gluten-free torte...
- buried in elephant pots...
- the badass tea party….
- the "exquisite little item" show...
- baking blueberry tarts during a stinky earthquake...
- that wavy groovy thing….
- a bit worn out, overdone...
- ten years blogging…whoa :)
- ▼ August (31)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)
- Gary's third pottery blog
- I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.
If we didn't have self-doubts, we might become stagnant and not grow in our work.
The teapots are lovely and how wonderful that they are sold!
Post a Comment