Gary's Third Pottery Blog
When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....
WRITE TO ME! email@example.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Thursday, August 4, 2016
baking blueberry tarts during a stinky earthquake...
The house is from 1865 and the road out front is a state highway. Our front door sits just a few feet from the road, as houses did then, and the level is a couple of feet lower than the road bed. It is now 2 inches lower than this time yesterday….because every ten years or so, apparently, they resurface the road…never scraping anything off, just ADDING couple of inches. One of our driveways is fairly level but the other has an absurd upward angle (just try it in winter!) which is now slightly MORE absurd.
Last week, fast moving traffic be damned, a guy with a spray can goes down the middle of the road painting numbers. Should have tipped me off. But I have always imagined that before road work a state engineer would knock on the door with his clipboard, and tell me when work starts, and I could tell HIM the state owes me a damn level driveway, so you better bring a few extra truck loads of gravel….but there was no warning and no there was no state engineer. Just several truckloads of guys and their hellacious equipment and stinky tarmac….it was awful. I am sorry, I don't like to complain too much, but it was such a BAD day. The machinery ensured a constant noise and vibration like an earthquake, 7am-7pm, with this foul, smoking paving material, RIGHT OUTSIDE the window….the cat is pretty bold, but he his under the couch. The dog barked at it….I felt messed up.
SO I baked a blueberry tart. When I was little my mo would give me the end of the pie crust dough to make a little jam tart, so I made that too….it was all I could do :)
Posted by Gary's third pottery blog at 5:23 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- the VERY SH!TTY morning….
- that color scheme seems pretty groovy...
- when you wonder if you are doing the right things...
- inordinately proud of myself...
- NOT skin cancer...
- your own personal dragon….
- even I don't get to the beach this summer...
- creative efforts...
- Britney and gluten-free pesto pizza!
- starry starry night...
- the first tomato
- Mr. Mug…on a mug
- putting it together…before and after...
- that HOLY CATS glaze combo
- and the latest...
- beagle belly
- A winery on a lake, what's not to love????
- and so the kiln is fixed…again...
- what does today hold…?
- NOT a cat on a hot tin roof...
- news updates…..and bowls and bowls….
- gluten-free torte...
- buried in elephant pots...
- the badass tea party….
- the "exquisite little item" show...
- baking blueberry tarts during a stinky earthquake...
- that wavy groovy thing….
- a bit worn out, overdone...
- ten years blogging…whoa :)
- ▼ August (31)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)
- Gary's third pottery blog
- I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.
I have been thinking about a blueberry tart today, and maybe just maybe your post has pushed me firmly into "Do it!" territory.
What pie crust do you use for your tart? Looks lovely!
Post a Comment