Gary's Third Pottery Blog
When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....
WRITE TO ME! email@example.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Sunday, August 21, 2016
the first tomato
I think today we can eat the first tomato.
You will recall that every year I start seeds in the house at the end of winter and then a few months later I have nothing to show for it but dead plants and miserable hopes. Until next year.
WELL, last year I noticed that one of my plants, from a saved heirloom seed, a medium size pink tomato, survived the blight OK, as did the grape tomatoes from neighbors across the street. We sometimes get tomato blight fierce, and those 2 seemed to survive, so I saved some seeds, and WOWIE, my plants are having a great summer. I have dozens if not hundreds of green tomatoes on the back deck in the wash tubs…I am still careful about getting too hopeful that they will not still all turn brown and die, but…. :)
Posted by Gary's third pottery blog at 6:13 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- the VERY SH!TTY morning….
- that color scheme seems pretty groovy...
- when you wonder if you are doing the right things...
- inordinately proud of myself...
- NOT skin cancer...
- your own personal dragon….
- even I don't get to the beach this summer...
- creative efforts...
- Britney and gluten-free pesto pizza!
- starry starry night...
- the first tomato
- Mr. Mug…on a mug
- putting it together…before and after...
- that HOLY CATS glaze combo
- and the latest...
- beagle belly
- A winery on a lake, what's not to love????
- and so the kiln is fixed…again...
- what does today hold…?
- NOT a cat on a hot tin roof...
- news updates…..and bowls and bowls….
- gluten-free torte...
- buried in elephant pots...
- the badass tea party….
- the "exquisite little item" show...
- baking blueberry tarts during a stinky earthquake...
- that wavy groovy thing….
- a bit worn out, overdone...
- ten years blogging…whoa :)
- ▼ August (31)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)
- Gary's third pottery blog
- I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.
What bounty! Fried green tomatoes are sounding really yummy right now.
Wow! And Mmmmmmm!
NOTHING tastes like those tomatoes fresh from the garden.
I have gallons of cherry tomatoes--I send them to work with Mr. D and every other day the kids are out picking. TOO MANY grew voluntarily this year.
I miss good tomatoes! They are not to be had in Florida. Sad face.
Post a Comment