I walked Nook all over Tuesday between rain showers. Ithaca has many fun features, like, I go into the bank to make a deposit and the dog makes a withdrawl... of treats!
There is this cute winding street in Ithaca alongside Cascadilla Gorge and falls... all beautiful and ancient houses...
Oh my. Yet another friend mentions going gluten free, which is not a concern of mine except as far as making a guest happy with my baked treats AND it is a fun challenge AND I like to make sure my nutrients are varied, and good golly, if you were choosing a baked treat made with oats versus white flour which do you think is more healthy??? (or less bad, should we say...)
ANYWAY, then you have to consider that I am vegan, right? No meat, dairy, eggs? (sometimes I bake with an egg but try to avoid it)
THIS is the most unusual cookie recipe EVER, but sooooooo tasty, what a success! It uses oats and oat flour, and the interesting part is you grind up 2 cups of walnuts into something like peanut butter to hold it all together...what a healthy sounding treat, right, oats and walnuts? You would never guess they weren't the most rich and gooey-tasty treat....
Spike here was like "chocolate cookies are NOT what I had in mind, feed me! NOW!"
Gary's Third Pottery Blog
When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....
WRITE TO ME! firstname.lastname@example.org Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Wednesday, June 12, 2013
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- sometimes you just want to EAT THE WHOLE PAN....
- rocket pup!
- "better than I thought..."
- speaking of those strawberries...
- what makes us HAPPY..and the end of blogging as we...
- here in my car....
- Rastafari DOGGY: "96 degrees in the shade..."
- Moles, chapter two: from YOUR yard to my kitchen...
- MOLE: not just blind rodents! Chapter one....
- June moon....
- what makes you HAPPY?
- not very fat, not very rich....
- f%$king MONDAY!
- you would think today is PENNY's day....
- frogs pigs and dogs....
- zoom zoom!
- your own personal CHRISTMAS/BIRTHday PARTY!
- putting the DOG in dogwood tree
- time warp Tuesday: ninety 3 to ninety 5!
- tails from a SUPER SWEET DOG that I am very proud of
- without the wife around to dress me, do I look lik...
- "OMFG nobody told me???" and selfies....
- 3 in bed....
- the BEST little gems
- dog day afternoon....
- "cute but with a filthy mouth"
- TIME WARP TUESDAY: "how much you want for that jac...
- if you FORCED ME TO MAKE teapots....
- chickensit: a new one on the resume....
- when 91 is NOT HOT ENOUGH...
- ▼ June (31)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)
- Gary's third pottery blog
- I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.
You must live in the most beautiful town in America!
I'm stealing that cookie recipe, for sure.
We've made those cookies, they are delicious.
I also have a bunch of friends who are gluten free. Those cookies look great! I'll have to add them to the ever growing list. Top on the list, however, is your recipe for your famous chocolate cookies!
Great photos of you, Nook, and the scenery!
I've never wanted to go there, but now I do. It looks like a lovely place.
Oh, beautiful! We can't wait to see Ithaca in person!
Any ideas how to make this peanut and nut free? Sunflower seeds perhaps?
I'm totally in love with that neighborhood; the quaint houses and those trees! Amazing.
And thanks for that beautiful walk!
Post a Comment