I was dreaming just now that I was with a group of people at a restaurant. We ordered, water, fruit and a muffin were served...and then we waited...and waited....and when our backs were turned, the muffins and fruit got taken away and we were treated like customers who have already eaten and the restaurant wished we would go away. 2 hours went by...and finally we were served...sure, I am famous as an impatient person, but to dream about waiting? It IS true that I do not like table service. Places with a counter suit me better: you walk up, glance at the board, make an order, pay up, get the food, sit down! Toss change into the tips jar, all done....
It is also true that as a very good cook, if I may say, married to another good cook, dining out is not frequent and it BETTER BE GOOD. Research! There are times we deconstruct what we have enjoyed....
ANYWAY. We were out at the party Saturday and come home with a doggy bag of brownies for the wife....I cannot touch unidentified baked goods unless I know there is no dairy in there.
So the wife gets them all!
I was jealous.
I was in the mood to find a new gluten-free, vegan brownie, and holy CATS did I find a recipe I like, tres simple!
It is made, in summary, with oat flour, peanut butter and yogurt (soy or whatever if you are dairy-free) and a lot of chocolate. It is NOT sweet and not fattening tasting....you know how a dark chocolate bar is not very sugary or butterfatty? These are like a dark chocolate bar, mmmmm...I gave some to a neighbor and her daughter and I think the little girl would be surprised--kids are used to more sugar I think, but they are the best brownies I have ever made, for MY taste!
I visited my buddy Kerry yesterday with Penny at the senior center....Penny gets A LOT of treats there, and she brought my baked treats for Kerry...
Gary's Third Pottery Blog
When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....
WRITE TO ME! email@example.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Tuesday, June 18, 2013
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- sometimes you just want to EAT THE WHOLE PAN....
- rocket pup!
- "better than I thought..."
- speaking of those strawberries...
- what makes us HAPPY..and the end of blogging as we...
- here in my car....
- Rastafari DOGGY: "96 degrees in the shade..."
- Moles, chapter two: from YOUR yard to my kitchen...
- MOLE: not just blind rodents! Chapter one....
- June moon....
- what makes you HAPPY?
- not very fat, not very rich....
- f%$king MONDAY!
- you would think today is PENNY's day....
- frogs pigs and dogs....
- zoom zoom!
- your own personal CHRISTMAS/BIRTHday PARTY!
- putting the DOG in dogwood tree
- time warp Tuesday: ninety 3 to ninety 5!
- tails from a SUPER SWEET DOG that I am very proud of
- without the wife around to dress me, do I look lik...
- "OMFG nobody told me???" and selfies....
- 3 in bed....
- the BEST little gems
- dog day afternoon....
- "cute but with a filthy mouth"
- TIME WARP TUESDAY: "how much you want for that jac...
- if you FORCED ME TO MAKE teapots....
- chickensit: a new one on the resume....
- when 91 is NOT HOT ENOUGH...
- ▼ June (31)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)
- Gary's third pottery blog
- I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.
We actually had a real life restaurant experience akin to your dream!
Brownies for tea! You and Penny are definitely sweethearts!
Those look super delish. I love brownies made in a muffin tin! So much more crunchy/chewy edge to enjoy.
dark chocolatey goodness!
Do you find it difficult to bake and cook during the summer with hot weather and the 'call of the outdoors'?
Those look really good, I pinned the recipe. Thanks.
I never thought to make brownies that way--I am 100% an outer edge gal, too!
Post a Comment