Gary's Third Pottery Blog
When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....
WRITE TO ME! email@example.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Thursday, June 20, 2013
This all ties together, OK? Hang in there:
I dreamt last night that it was going to be -43 degrees, the coldest day ever recorded here! It was with relief I awoke to a gorgeous and pleasant morning, but earlier I dreamt somebody had driven their BMW into our house....talk about kooky and surrrrrreal....
It has been topsy turvy in our lives in recent weeks. I am always interested in what comes out of that, creatively! You think of birth as a very difficult and painful process, but in the end it is exhilirating and joyful...
I came up with the MOON in a recent tarot reading...from wiki we get a number of ideas what that means
"If one gets this card, one may be going through a particularly difficult emotional time."
" The association this card bears with imagery and fantasy can put one in touch with visions and insight, creativity and psychic powers"
and "The face of the mind directs a calm gaze upon the unrest below, and the dew of thought falls. The message is: "Peace, be still," and it may be that there shall come a calm upon the animal nature, while the abyss beneath shall cease from giving up form."
and finally "The Moon can be interpreted with the feeling of uncertainty, where the past still haunts, unsure of a journey but still going ahead with it, feeling watched and because it is commonly associated with dreams, fantasies and mysteries this card can also be interpreted with surreal feelings and situations in your waking life."
We are also facing a full moon, known as the strawberry moon, which is falling right around the time of the longest day of the year in the northern hemisphere! Sounds powerful...
SO, with all this in mind, here is a series of pics showing the making of some sculptural plaques--a view into my mind! This popped into my head on a challenging morning, and my usual way of facing such things is with humor and smiles, right?
You know I have made robots, you know I have made cows jumping over the moon, but as you see from the doodle below, I wanted to make a ROCKET! (lower drawing shows the next idea...and a piggy...more on that next week)
SO, how to make a rocket? Not so hard, as it turns out, you throw it on the wheel like a small bottle...same thing with the robot!
into the kiln to be fired to 2200 degrees...
You can get this ADORABLE rocket and robot plaque for YOUR walls, just go to my etsy shoppe and order now!
Posted by Gary's third pottery blog at 6:47 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- sometimes you just want to EAT THE WHOLE PAN....
- rocket pup!
- "better than I thought..."
- speaking of those strawberries...
- what makes us HAPPY..and the end of blogging as we...
- here in my car....
- Rastafari DOGGY: "96 degrees in the shade..."
- Moles, chapter two: from YOUR yard to my kitchen...
- MOLE: not just blind rodents! Chapter one....
- June moon....
- what makes you HAPPY?
- not very fat, not very rich....
- f%$king MONDAY!
- you would think today is PENNY's day....
- frogs pigs and dogs....
- zoom zoom!
- your own personal CHRISTMAS/BIRTHday PARTY!
- putting the DOG in dogwood tree
- time warp Tuesday: ninety 3 to ninety 5!
- tails from a SUPER SWEET DOG that I am very proud of
- without the wife around to dress me, do I look lik...
- "OMFG nobody told me???" and selfies....
- 3 in bed....
- the BEST little gems
- dog day afternoon....
- "cute but with a filthy mouth"
- TIME WARP TUESDAY: "how much you want for that jac...
- if you FORCED ME TO MAKE teapots....
- chickensit: a new one on the resume....
- when 91 is NOT HOT ENOUGH...
- ▼ June (31)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)
- Gary's third pottery blog
- I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.
Very clever sculpture!
Between the dreams and the sculpture, you must have quite the rich internal landscape! As busy as people are right now, it does seem like a very 'fluid' time.
The moon's glow here last night was spectacular!
Very cute. I love the craters in your moons.
Those are so cool!
Post a Comment