Catherine lives in Germany. She has the bunny mugs sent to Ottawa but she has BIGGER FISH TO FRY:
"That turquoise teaset you submitted to Cooperstown last month, did it WIN?" and I am like
"Well, it won a spot in the show but some ugly painting* won best in show. Just getting into the show felt GOOD" (*kidding! KIDDING!) and she is like
"I would kill for a teaset like that...." and I am like
"You don't have to kill anybody, just use paypal!" and so she asked for me to make some of the items looking like that set and then, naturally
"but for the cream and sugar, I gotta go ELEPHANT" and you know how that goes, when you can't decide which is better, so you get some of each?
and so I am like "BRILLIANT, a turquoise checkerboard teaset with elephant cream and sugar, makes perfect sense :)"
One thing most people don't realize is the fun dialogue you have with some customers. Catherine takes it to eleven with the fun , she shares recipes! She is like
"You eat all that peanut butter, you need my favorite soup recipe, tomato with peanut butter!" and I am like "OF COURSE I NEED IT and I am making it right away, even if it is OVER 90 stinkin' degrees" and she is like
"sadly, my son has a peanut allergy, so I cannot make it anymore! His brother sneaks off to his friends to eat peanut butter sandwiches (really!). But the recipe is quite easy and delicious, a favorite, don't ruin it and make me a liar!" and I am like "pppffft, master chef, c'est moi"
IT IS brilliant and tasty delicious and went great with the wee bit of leftover green enchiladas we had...and you think "Mexico and Morrocco, HOT places...with hot food? Sure, why not..."
and we had a nice broiling hot spicy dinner...with the frosty brew = PERFECT, even if it was 91 degrees out there....
Catherine sent me her recipe card AND here is the progress on her pots---just made into the first firing, just glazed and into the glaze firing and then a minute ago, still cooling in the kiln after going up to 2200 degrees last evening...
Gary's Third Pottery Blog
When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....
WRITE TO ME! email@example.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Saturday, June 1, 2013
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- sometimes you just want to EAT THE WHOLE PAN....
- rocket pup!
- "better than I thought..."
- speaking of those strawberries...
- what makes us HAPPY..and the end of blogging as we...
- here in my car....
- Rastafari DOGGY: "96 degrees in the shade..."
- Moles, chapter two: from YOUR yard to my kitchen...
- MOLE: not just blind rodents! Chapter one....
- June moon....
- what makes you HAPPY?
- not very fat, not very rich....
- f%$king MONDAY!
- you would think today is PENNY's day....
- frogs pigs and dogs....
- zoom zoom!
- your own personal CHRISTMAS/BIRTHday PARTY!
- putting the DOG in dogwood tree
- time warp Tuesday: ninety 3 to ninety 5!
- tails from a SUPER SWEET DOG that I am very proud of
- without the wife around to dress me, do I look lik...
- "OMFG nobody told me???" and selfies....
- 3 in bed....
- the BEST little gems
- dog day afternoon....
- "cute but with a filthy mouth"
- TIME WARP TUESDAY: "how much you want for that jac...
- if you FORCED ME TO MAKE teapots....
- chickensit: a new one on the resume....
- when 91 is NOT HOT ENOUGH...
- ▼ June (31)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)
- Gary's third pottery blog
- I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.
Hot soup on the porch sounds good to me. I am enjoying a cup of hot tea on my deck!
Enjoy a week end of sun and rabbits for June!
wow, a whole cup of peanut butter in the soup. it sounds very interesting... i wonder if i could get jeff to eat it.
Your soup recipe intrigues me.
Your conversation entertains me.
Hooray for Paypal!
Post a Comment