WRITE TO ME! firstname.lastname@example.org Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Thursday, June 27, 2013
"better than I thought..."
SPEAKING of better than I thought it would be, I had visitors yesterday. Actually, I knew they were gonna be quite awesome, or as I said to Heidi and Ernest "I have a lot of visitors, thanks to blogging and selling pots. Some of them are crazy and I don't want to meet them. Maybe not AXE MURDERER PSYCHO KILLER crazy, but, you know, a little cracked....and I am polite. YOU GUYS I wanted to meet. You are, at least online, friendly and NOT CRAZY!"
SO, Heidi is a blogger from California that I met, yep, through BLOGGING! She is Small town mom and known by many of you already. A sweetie pie, cat appreciator, and customer of mine too....her son Ernest (turns out, surprise! Not his real name...) wants to study MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
(what is it with kids these days???? WASTING THEIR youth on MATH AND SCIENCE when they could do the right thing like I did, which was go to college to chase girls, drink beer and make a little art: KIDS THESE DAYS!)
Anyway, he is definately Ivy League material and visited us and Cornell here. I was able to give them the insider's tour...while I was on a dog walk job with Nook, my fuzzy little dog friend.
Heidi and "ERNEST" are the most relaxed, calm, polite and utterly personable people you have ever met, and I would LOVE with all CAPs Love to have them here. He is looking at other colleges too...
In Nook's back yard yesterday....
I told the wife "hey, come here! Let's make ice cream!" and she was like "I don't wanna!" but I was like
"I AM HUNGRY and this sounds good."
You know making ice cream as a kid, took forever, ice, salt, but tasty? Imagine making something TASTIER in less than a minute, and VEGAN TOO if you wish!
Recipe for berry ice cream:
-dice a banana
-dice a cup of strawberries and blueberries and raspberries, whatever berries you have
-put them into the freezer for several hours
-get yer blender, take one cup yogurt or in my case, soy yogurt, dump in the yogurt, dump in the frozen fruit, blend it till smooth then spoon into bowls and EAT!
HOLY CATS why on earth would you EVER eat anything else?
Or as the wife said "better than I thought it would be! I LOVED IT!" then she grabs another banana and a cup of berries and gets all that in the freezer so we can do it again....
Finally, remember those strawberries? We made 2 lovely batches of jam last night, WOW, our house smells great, yum! Have a great day!
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- sometimes you just want to EAT THE WHOLE PAN....
- rocket pup!
- "better than I thought..."
- speaking of those strawberries...
- what makes us HAPPY..and the end of blogging as we...
- here in my car....
- Rastafari DOGGY: "96 degrees in the shade..."
- Moles, chapter two: from YOUR yard to my kitchen...
- MOLE: not just blind rodents! Chapter one....
- June moon....
- what makes you HAPPY?
- not very fat, not very rich....
- f%$king MONDAY!
- you would think today is PENNY's day....
- frogs pigs and dogs....
- zoom zoom!
- your own personal CHRISTMAS/BIRTHday PARTY!
- putting the DOG in dogwood tree
- time warp Tuesday: ninety 3 to ninety 5!
- tails from a SUPER SWEET DOG that I am very proud of
- without the wife around to dress me, do I look lik...
- "OMFG nobody told me???" and selfies....
- 3 in bed....
- the BEST little gems
- dog day afternoon....
- "cute but with a filthy mouth"
- TIME WARP TUESDAY: "how much you want for that jac...
- if you FORCED ME TO MAKE teapots....
- chickensit: a new one on the resume....
- when 91 is NOT HOT ENOUGH...
- ▼ June (31)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)