WRITE TO ME! firstname.lastname@example.org Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Wednesday, June 19, 2013
what makes you HAPPY?
I first wrote that down yesterday as I was fingering my new ipod nano...a freebie because I signed some sort of contract requiring phone service for the next 200 years....whatta great deal! Anyway, I love that thing...I have a little ipod shuffle already, but this new thing now holds every Beatles tune AND Stones tune...with room, as you would know, for all my Prince, Bowie, Iggy Pop...and so on....but that is not what I am always listening to: it has a fine radio. This way I can annoy my wife a little less! She is a quiet person....and she doesn't need my noise....
2) comfort fud!
THEN later I was making my best pal Sandra's new coconut noodle dish....we ate that thing last night and I was like "WHO NEEDS CHEESE?". Imagine the tastiest pasta Alfredo you have ever had in your life...but coconut curry! YES! ****
And sitting down just now, here with my cat? My cat makes me deliriously happy. He is right next to me on his own chair, purring, always in a good mood.
SO, look, right off the top, without thinking much, what 3 things make you happy!? I have been looking at The Happiness Project recently, she has a lot of fun ideas. As long as you don't have a hellacious tummy ache, you can be happy with all the little things in life, right? Go to comments to tell all!
BONUS: my wife and beagle make me pretty damn happy too :)
**** Sandra's coconut noodles, the way I did them :)
-I boiled 8 oz brown rice fettucine noodles per usual, but 2 minutes shorter than the directions, drained and set aside
-meanwhile, after the wife did the chopping for me, I sauteed diced carrot about 12 minutes, added the diced onion for another couple of minutes, then added spice: curry powder, tumeric, ginger and garlic powder, then poured in a 13 oz can of cocunut milk and 1/2 cup pineapple juice
-bring that to a boil add noodles and simmer uncovered on low to thicken, stirring from time to time...about ten minutes
-Sandra says you can add any veggies....I am nut about cashews, ha! I got out a handful of those plus steamed snowpeas for 3 minutes to lightly soften....topped the noodles with that yummy stuff plus hot sauce OH GOSH so yummy!
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- sometimes you just want to EAT THE WHOLE PAN....
- rocket pup!
- "better than I thought..."
- speaking of those strawberries...
- what makes us HAPPY..and the end of blogging as we...
- here in my car....
- Rastafari DOGGY: "96 degrees in the shade..."
- Moles, chapter two: from YOUR yard to my kitchen...
- MOLE: not just blind rodents! Chapter one....
- June moon....
- what makes you HAPPY?
- not very fat, not very rich....
- f%$king MONDAY!
- you would think today is PENNY's day....
- frogs pigs and dogs....
- zoom zoom!
- your own personal CHRISTMAS/BIRTHday PARTY!
- putting the DOG in dogwood tree
- time warp Tuesday: ninety 3 to ninety 5!
- tails from a SUPER SWEET DOG that I am very proud of
- without the wife around to dress me, do I look lik...
- "OMFG nobody told me???" and selfies....
- 3 in bed....
- the BEST little gems
- dog day afternoon....
- "cute but with a filthy mouth"
- TIME WARP TUESDAY: "how much you want for that jac...
- if you FORCED ME TO MAKE teapots....
- chickensit: a new one on the resume....
- when 91 is NOT HOT ENOUGH...
- ▼ June (31)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)