Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

what makes you HAPPY?

1) nano nano!
I first wrote that down yesterday as I was fingering my new ipod nano...a freebie because I signed some sort of contract requiring phone service for the next 200 years....whatta great deal!  Anyway, I love that thing...I have a little ipod shuffle already, but  this new thing now holds every Beatles tune AND Stones tune...with room, as you would know, for all my Prince, Bowie, Iggy Pop...and so on....but that is not what I am always listening to:  it has a fine radio.  This way I can annoy my wife a little less!  She is a quiet person....and she doesn't need my noise....

2) comfort fud!
THEN later I was making my best pal Sandra's new coconut noodle dish....we ate that thing last night and I was like "WHO NEEDS CHEESE?".  Imagine the tastiest pasta Alfredo you have ever had in your life...but coconut curry!  YES!  ****

3) Spikeums!
And sitting down just now, here with my cat?  My cat makes me deliriously happy.  He is right next to me on his own chair, purring, always in a good mood.

SO, look, right off the top, without thinking much, what 3 things make you happy!?  I have been looking at The Happiness Project recently, she has a lot of fun ideas.  As long as you don't have a hellacious tummy ache, you can be happy with all the little things in life, right? Go to comments to tell all!



BONUS:  my wife and beagle make me pretty damn happy too :)


**** Sandra's coconut noodles, the way I did them :)

-I boiled 8 oz brown rice fettucine noodles per usual, but 2 minutes shorter than the directions, drained and set aside
-meanwhile, after the wife did the chopping for me, I sauteed diced carrot about 12 minutes, added the diced onion for another couple of minutes, then added spice:  curry powder, tumeric, ginger and garlic powder, then poured in a 13 oz can of cocunut milk and 1/2 cup pineapple juice
-bring that to a boil add noodles and simmer uncovered on low to thicken, stirring from time to time...about ten minutes
-Sandra says you can add any veggies....I am nut about cashews, ha!  I got out a handful of those plus steamed snowpeas for 3 minutes to lightly soften....topped the noodles with that yummy stuff plus hot sauce OH GOSH so yummy!

8 comments:

Janet said...

I love the idea of the TV trays on the deck! Great idea to watch the wild life rather than the boob tube :)

3 things that make me happy:

1. Dave and I applied for our marriage license yesterday :)
2. I'm falling in love with yoga
3. I'm taking a trip with my brother (!!!) to CT next Friday for what is possibly and probably (but you never know) our Dad's first cousin (who we call Auntie Rosa) birthday celebration (she was diagnosed with liver cancer last week). My brother and I don't often see each other, never mind spend a few hours in a car together, so this will be nice.

bartster said...

1. 'couch parties'--meaning an evening at home with my dear spouse and our mini dachshund.

2, drinking excellent coffee on a sunny morning

3 conversation and laughter with friends

Unknown said...

things that make me happy.....

Right now, all the fruit I am buying is amazing!

Late night runs in the park with herons in the treetops and lightning bugs.

in a few months, if we succeed in selling this house and buying a house that fits us a lot better, our forever house, then I get to adopt a dog and I am excited. I have wanted a pet for a long time, but 2 out of three kids are allergic to cats, and this house/yard is too small and not fair to a dog. So yay, dog for me soon!

Lori Buff said...

Family, art, sunshine

cookingwithgas said...

Happiness is what goes on at any given moment with me.
Like a wee one I can be happy, then not so, then so.
But happy is fresh veggies, pretty flowers, good beer, summer rains, and a bit of love...

Claudia from Idiot's Kitchen said...

I'm a pretty happy person in general so this list is just a snippet...

the obvious things for me are cats, chocolate, and hubby

but TOMORROW we go to New Orleans for a long weekend to celebrate our 10th anniversary and that makes me EXTREMELY happy!

Michèle Hastings said...

Family, Art, an excellent meal with a good glass of wine.

smartcat said...

This is one that can sneak up on you!
Summer, being outside without feeling like the abominable snowman.
Cooking and baking....I'm in the process of making bread pudding.
The 4-leggers in the family....even at 4:30 AM!
The silence of the woods.
Making stuff
Ice cream.....the world would be a happier place if everyone could sit down and enjoy an ice cream cone!

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.