WRITE TO ME! email@example.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Friday, January 29, 2016
on the one hand, painted mugs.. on the other, gluten-free pizza!
What has humanity LOST by not walking or running and by not using our hands to do things? Our bodies have evolved to make use of them, but instead we drive and blog…
The reason (most) bakers and potters are so HAPPY is they get to use those ten fingers constructively, then feel great about what they have done. Hands: not just for texting anymore!
I wondered what it would be like to use my minty blue glaze with light purple flowers and green leaves painted on…looks mighty good, eh? AND SO much fun to sit there listening to the great music and painting the afternoon away….I get BORED so easily that I really benefit from a mixed up day, throw a pot, trim a pot, sculpt, and in recent months, paint things….
AND then bake a pizza---hands LOVE to make them, tummies LOVE to eat them. I can't have either gluten or dairy and choose not to eat meat, but that does NOT mean I can't make an amazing pizza, right???? Nicole Hunn's gluten-free on a shoestring has good recipes that have helped...
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- FLYING LINGERIE: just 2 weeks until V day!!!!!!
- bunny bouquet….
- on the one hand, painted mugs.. on the other, glut...
- gluten-free applesauce cake: no white sugar and s...
- 100 holes punched into my right eye: second glauc...
- "a hint of turquoise"
- speaking of that handle….
- whoa, LONG upper handle...
- glaucoma, sunglasses and new specs, and OH YES new...
- how to make a lamp from SCRATCH
- oh yeah, winter can be beautiful!
- 100 holes in my left eye is better than going blind
- a tale of 2 vases…or 3….
- Dill, Daisy and Scoop
- "everything's going to be OK…."
- great expectations….
- "if my eye surgeon can ____, then I can fix the oven"
- glaucoma is a B!TCH
- half of 3.3 million bucks...
- "we can be heroes, if just for one day…"
- not exactly bamboo….
- when cake is just like pottery….
- dogs haven't taken over my life….
- CRUSTY… a potter's workplace
- 4 days of winter...
- frozen margaritas delivered to your door….
- holy CATS number 2 in the world...
- 15,000 photos a year…..
- bubbly: not just champagne….
- 2016 seems like a BIG number….
- ▼ January (31)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)