WRITE TO ME! firstname.lastname@example.org Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Thursday, January 14, 2016
"if my eye surgeon can ____, then I can fix the oven"
Not to be too melodramatic here, in light of yesterday's post, but it goes through my head "if my eye surgeon can (fill in something incredible and TINY here) then I can (fill in the challenges of my day)".
As the astrologer will tell you, Mercury is in retrograde right now, a time of funky mishaps big and small. Or if you don't believe that, let's just say January sux. ANYWAY, the oven caught fire the other day, and I calmly put it out (didn't need it then but get a fire extinguisher for your kitchen!!!!!!) by turning off the oven. The element had shorted out. I figured there would be some COSTLY replacement needed, but as she did with replacing the burners 6 years ago, the wife does the research, finds a replacement element and I spend just a FEW bucks for it, not the what, 600-to-a thou a new oven would cost. Or 80-200 for a guy to fix it.
I knew I would feel like hot sh!t if I could fix it, and I did and I do :)
In other news, nice teapot, right? Make something beautiful today!
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- FLYING LINGERIE: just 2 weeks until V day!!!!!!
- bunny bouquet….
- on the one hand, painted mugs.. on the other, glut...
- gluten-free applesauce cake: no white sugar and s...
- 100 holes punched into my right eye: second glauc...
- "a hint of turquoise"
- speaking of that handle….
- whoa, LONG upper handle...
- glaucoma, sunglasses and new specs, and OH YES new...
- how to make a lamp from SCRATCH
- oh yeah, winter can be beautiful!
- 100 holes in my left eye is better than going blind
- a tale of 2 vases…or 3….
- Dill, Daisy and Scoop
- "everything's going to be OK…."
- great expectations….
- "if my eye surgeon can ____, then I can fix the oven"
- glaucoma is a B!TCH
- half of 3.3 million bucks...
- "we can be heroes, if just for one day…"
- not exactly bamboo….
- when cake is just like pottery….
- dogs haven't taken over my life….
- CRUSTY… a potter's workplace
- 4 days of winter...
- frozen margaritas delivered to your door….
- holy CATS number 2 in the world...
- 15,000 photos a year…..
- bubbly: not just champagne….
- 2016 seems like a BIG number….
- ▼ January (31)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)