Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Thursday, January 14, 2016

"if my eye surgeon can ____, then I can fix the oven"




Not to be too melodramatic here, in light of yesterday's post, but it goes through my head "if my eye surgeon  can (fill in something incredible and TINY  here) then I can (fill in the challenges of my day)".

As the astrologer will tell you, Mercury is in retrograde right now, a time of funky mishaps big and small.  Or if you don't believe that, let's just say January sux.  ANYWAY, the oven caught fire the other day, and I calmly put it out (didn't need it then but get a fire extinguisher for your kitchen!!!!!!) by turning off the oven.  The element had shorted out.  I figured there would be some COSTLY replacement needed, but as she did with replacing the burners 6 years ago, the wife does the research, finds a replacement element and I spend just a FEW bucks for it, not the what, 600-to-a thou a new oven would cost.  Or 80-200 for a guy to fix it.

I knew I would feel like hot sh!t if I could fix it, and I did and I do :)

In other news, nice teapot, right?  Make something beautiful today!

8 comments:

smartcat said...

Necessity is the mother of invention!

NICE TEAPOT!

Lori Buff said...

It seems we always spend much of our lives thinking “if (this) than I will be happy.” I hope your eye doc can fix your eyes and that will be very true.

Michèle Hastings said...

Love that teapot handle!
January does suck.

Barbara Rogers said...

Oh Gary...so sorry about your eyes...I may have missed saying that before. The TEAPOT IS A WINNER! You are a very talented man indeed with oven fixing now on your resume. Yesterday I talked with a neurologist about my ocular migraines, and there isn't much that needs to be done, just live with them. Fortunately I seldom get the painful headache. But going blind for half an hour suddenly is urksome.

Ron said...

Nice dude. I fixed our flat screen tv last year. $23 bucks! Bam. I felt like a bad ass. Ha.

Caroline said...

I was going to tell you to stick to pottery until I realised your oven surgery was a success. Well done.

smalltownme said...

Good Job!

Anonymous said...

Nice job! Isn't it the best feeling when you can fix something on your own?

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.