WRITE TO ME! email@example.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Tuesday, January 5, 2016
frozen margaritas delivered to your door….
No, we are not used to it at all: winter! It has been winter for awhile, supposedly, but more like five months of a very pleasant fall. Spring arrives in the form of rain and 40 degrees in a day or 2, but we are in the middle of four days of winter (if ONLY!). Not being used to it, even in my heaviest mittens and long johns, 9 degrees and windy gets your attention when you walk dogs 6 times in a day…. you can see Yogi didn't care, but Penny spends the day under the covers….
I had a rather vivid dream just now, speaking of running around: I was younger and lived with other 20-something guys and one of them had a delivery business he had fallen into: a drunk guy gave him five bucks plus 20 for a tip and asked him to fetch a frozen margarita from a nearby bar, then the guy would call from time to time for more frozen margaritas….we all got into it (the item price plus 20 dollar tip, wowie!). So, there I was, running around Manhattan delivering booze to the foolish hedgefunders too lazy to fetch their own drinks from the corner bar…. (IS THERE AN APP for that? Is my fortune just WAITING for me and my idea????????? I mean, the hell with the delivery part, what I need to do is set up an office in NYC and open a margarita bar and hire all kinds of delivery people and have software so that I am a drinks kingpin…………………………..)
IN other news, have I told you how much I love oval boxes???? I love them dearly…..here are a couple of new pots….
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- FLYING LINGERIE: just 2 weeks until V day!!!!!!
- bunny bouquet….
- on the one hand, painted mugs.. on the other, glut...
- gluten-free applesauce cake: no white sugar and s...
- 100 holes punched into my right eye: second glauc...
- "a hint of turquoise"
- speaking of that handle….
- whoa, LONG upper handle...
- glaucoma, sunglasses and new specs, and OH YES new...
- how to make a lamp from SCRATCH
- oh yeah, winter can be beautiful!
- 100 holes in my left eye is better than going blind
- a tale of 2 vases…or 3….
- Dill, Daisy and Scoop
- "everything's going to be OK…."
- great expectations….
- "if my eye surgeon can ____, then I can fix the oven"
- glaucoma is a B!TCH
- half of 3.3 million bucks...
- "we can be heroes, if just for one day…"
- not exactly bamboo….
- when cake is just like pottery….
- dogs haven't taken over my life….
- CRUSTY… a potter's workplace
- 4 days of winter...
- frozen margaritas delivered to your door….
- holy CATS number 2 in the world...
- 15,000 photos a year…..
- bubbly: not just champagne….
- 2016 seems like a BIG number….
- ▼ January (31)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)