WRITE TO ME! email@example.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Friday, January 1, 2016
2016 seems like a BIG number….
A few thoughts on a new year….I was sound asleep, per usual, pretty darn early yesterday evening…the highlight of the day had been cleaning the house (day 3 of 6 days!). I was pleased to note that the Marie Kondo system of organizing my socks and undies had lasted all year….
Other items of note: my weight is the same as a year ago and I probably exercise more now, so my new year's resolution, as I mentioned yesterday is not conventional. I already eat healthy and don't watch TV. I am full of flaws, and I read that it is wise to have only one resolution. So, as I say, it is to try to treat every day like the last chance to make something beautiful.
But, I have ambitions for the year….non-binding, helpful guiding principles….
-fly kites! I have such a great collection! My fear of ticks needs to be overcome and I need to take advantage of windy days…
-play with Spike: Spike is a chubby cat and he loves to play. He needs to keep his skills sharp in case a rodent wanders through…
-work on drawing, esp. my comic "Tiny Central and Sammy Twolane"
-groom the cat and dog daily: neither needs it but both love it
-stretch more seriously: the wife likes to do yoga straight out of bed, and I am usually too stiff to WANT to…which is why I should take it more seriously
-quality not quantity…in everything, right?
-say it with a smile :) why the hell not……
AND this is the year I turn 50…I have always looked and acted like a 15 year old. I feel that changing slightly… ;)
In other news, I had some elderly bananas to use and so we had banana buckwheat gluten-free pancakes for breakfast, and then I baked some gluten-free banana nut scones…both recipes are so foolproof, easy and tasty you wonder why you don't make them every single day…..
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- FLYING LINGERIE: just 2 weeks until V day!!!!!!
- bunny bouquet….
- on the one hand, painted mugs.. on the other, glut...
- gluten-free applesauce cake: no white sugar and s...
- 100 holes punched into my right eye: second glauc...
- "a hint of turquoise"
- speaking of that handle….
- whoa, LONG upper handle...
- glaucoma, sunglasses and new specs, and OH YES new...
- how to make a lamp from SCRATCH
- oh yeah, winter can be beautiful!
- 100 holes in my left eye is better than going blind
- a tale of 2 vases…or 3….
- Dill, Daisy and Scoop
- "everything's going to be OK…."
- great expectations….
- "if my eye surgeon can ____, then I can fix the oven"
- glaucoma is a B!TCH
- half of 3.3 million bucks...
- "we can be heroes, if just for one day…"
- not exactly bamboo….
- when cake is just like pottery….
- dogs haven't taken over my life….
- CRUSTY… a potter's workplace
- 4 days of winter...
- frozen margaritas delivered to your door….
- holy CATS number 2 in the world...
- 15,000 photos a year…..
- bubbly: not just champagne….
- 2016 seems like a BIG number….
- ▼ January (31)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)