WRITE TO ME! firstname.lastname@example.org Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Sunday, January 31, 2016
FLYING LINGERIE: just 2 weeks until V day!!!!!!
Old married men like me (but not ME, specifically, as I HAVE NOT HAD A JOB in almost 20 years…plus I am COOL) will be at work and overhear "Johnny served me breakfast in bed and LOOK WHAT WAS IN MY OMELETTE!!!!!" and there she is, the 20-something with the new rock on the finger. That same day, that same twenty-something will have flowers delivered from Johnny, and our old married guy begins to wonder if something is up….and all day long, notices others at the office are getting flowers delivered, talking of dinner plans, of teddies and bustiers….and then our old married guy GETS IT.
VALENTINE'S DAY! Oh, right.
SO, on the way home he stops at Target…where (really!) he can buy a bunch of carnations, not too wilted yet, a funny Hello Kitty Valentine's card, and a heart box of chocolates…that taste like wax…except NOBODY has ever eaten those things.
WHAT A LOSER. He's not gettin' ANY ACTION tonight…
DON'T BE THAT guy or gal, be smart and 2 weeks before Valentine's SHOP WITH ME at my etsy shoppe! (click here) New items, like these wee dessert plates! Good for that cupcake, that scone, or those FINE chocolate dipped strawberries**** you got up early to make (the man who makes his sweetie chocolate dipped strawberries will see a lot of flying lingerie around the house, believe me :)
****(make your own chocolate dipped strawberries: look it up, or just do this: get some strawberries. Melt some choco chips in a bowl in the 'wave. Dip strawberries in chocolate, set onto plate. (use wax paper if you want to be tidy and efficient) Cool in fridge, serve!)
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- FLYING LINGERIE: just 2 weeks until V day!!!!!!
- bunny bouquet….
- on the one hand, painted mugs.. on the other, glut...
- gluten-free applesauce cake: no white sugar and s...
- 100 holes punched into my right eye: second glauc...
- "a hint of turquoise"
- speaking of that handle….
- whoa, LONG upper handle...
- glaucoma, sunglasses and new specs, and OH YES new...
- how to make a lamp from SCRATCH
- oh yeah, winter can be beautiful!
- 100 holes in my left eye is better than going blind
- a tale of 2 vases…or 3….
- Dill, Daisy and Scoop
- "everything's going to be OK…."
- great expectations….
- "if my eye surgeon can ____, then I can fix the oven"
- glaucoma is a B!TCH
- half of 3.3 million bucks...
- "we can be heroes, if just for one day…"
- not exactly bamboo….
- when cake is just like pottery….
- dogs haven't taken over my life….
- CRUSTY… a potter's workplace
- 4 days of winter...
- frozen margaritas delivered to your door….
- holy CATS number 2 in the world...
- 15,000 photos a year…..
- bubbly: not just champagne….
- 2016 seems like a BIG number….
- ▼ January (31)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)