WRITE TO ME! email@example.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Friday, January 16, 2015
Get an exorcist!
(new bottles-vases by Gary Rith)
Yesyesyes, groovy pots, eh? You are thinking "I like how Gary uses a teardrop shape to make nice bottles, and I love his colors--such nice greens and blues!" and I thank you for thinking that. :)
MORE important, though, is the dream I had just before waking and sitting down here--I looked in the mirror to brush my hair (which I do at most twice a year-my barber was appalled to hear that I literally crawl out of bed, look at my hair, do nothing, and get ON WITH my day...short curly hair is like that, you know?) and what I saw in the mirror was NOT ME.
The person looking back was 20-ish, had hair I have never had, sort of a thick helmet of straight reddish-blonde hair, with close-set blue eyes (mine are hazel) and freckles.
I looked in the mirror and said "THAT IS NOT ME, I don't look like that, do I?".
WTF does that mean? It means cool things, perhaps:
Changing ones face or head: Changing ones attitudes or decision about something; being uncertain or ‘two faced’. Having different aspects of your personality or seeing another side of yourself. Change the wording to fit seeing someone else with changing face – your to their.
Ah, perhaps, then I was changing my attitudes (I doubt it) or looking at another aspect of my personality (I doubt that too)
OR! At the risk of seeming like a flake, you have heard me say many times that I feel like I travel in my dreams into other people's minds and lives. There. I wandered through the brain of a 20 year old last night....
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- January is a four letter word...
- "man are you DUMB"
- so bad you have to have fun...
- Teapot Tuesday, a wily bank heist or 2 and a few i...
- Spike cat poses for his MUGSHOT (Monday!)
- 15 + years and no....?
- this is why and what I blog
- these are the last pitchers for ...well, a couple ...
- pouring pitchers and p!ss!ng!
- teapot on teapot action for Teapot Tuesday!
- hippos and crocs, dogs and cats....mugshot Monday!
- thrilling and amazing your guests with homemade ch...
- Get an exorcist!
- this is what ten below looks like....and why 25 se...
- "Gawdammit Mickey, get OUTTA MY BED"
- pitcher LOVE
- mug shot Monday: struck with an idea or 2....
- If these mugs are nice, you should see the blue on...
- those bunnies are bigger than my beagle....
- a tale of two teapots: first of twenty fifteen!
- visit ME!
- ROUGH BEHAVIOR: new year, new dishes
- the six year old apprentice....
- start the new year in the RED
- New Year's resolution scorecard: ZERO
- 2015: NEW YEAR RESOLUTION
- ▼ January (31)
- ► 2014 (361)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)