Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Sunday, January 18, 2015

thrilling and amazing your guests with homemade chocolates....



I came across a recipe last month to make chocolate covered nuts:  warm up some chocolate, toss in the nuts, stir, drop spoonfuls onto parchment paper DONE.

Then this week I came across another recipe, this one for chocolate dipped clementines! It would work for any fruit, like dried apricots, or fresh strawberries or even dipping in shortbread or pretzels, etc:

-peel 4 clementines, section
-chop some pistachios or other nuts
-warm 4 ozs. dark chocolate in a double boiler:  in this case, a small bowl or baking dish set into a saucepan with a little water, boil the water, turn heat down, stir chocolate as it melts, remove from heat
-dip sections of clementine in there, lay them all out on the paper, sprinkle with nuts, cool, EAT!

I knew there would be extra chocolate in the dish, so I had cashews at the ready and tossed them into the leftover chocolate, stirred, then dropped them onto paper too---two different chocolates at once!

THEN people came over and were blown away, saying twas the best chocolate in TOWN.  But it is so easy to do!

2 comments:

Caroline said...

I like the kitchen tiles and jars in the background. :)

Barbara Rogers said...

I've become addicted to a certain brand of dark chocolate with sea salt in it. Since it wasn't available where I shopped this week, I tried just dipping plain dark chocolate (70%) in my own sea salt...not the same but close. I think not all chocolates are created equal...oh my!

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.