WRITE TO ME! firstname.lastname@example.org Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Tuesday, April 23, 2013
Time warp Tuesday: 17, annnnnd....
I took this one when I was 17. You are probably thinking "Gary has a long history of taking pictures of himself!". This is probably where it started! I was a VERY artsy fartsy kid...still am :)
In other news, i see my buddy Kerry on Monday at her office....I brought her a monster choco chip cookie I had baked for her tea. She already has my beagle cup....
AND lookit this delightful pic of Janet's young grandson Ralphy with a bowl she asked me to make for him, a shark!
Speaking of scones, on Sunday I was over at the Quaker meetinghouse after meeting and Melissa had brought along some vegan maple walnut scones HOLY CATS they were spectacular! I had never eaten anything like that, and so rich and tasty and VEGAN? No butter or cream? Melissa says she will share the recipe but you know I jumped on it and found one here I liked.
Along the way I discovered that the number one listing for maple walnut scones is from Starschmucks... ah HA. Maybe they had something everybody liked and clever people tried to replicate it, vegan? Because it is right there for you to google: the Starschmucks maple walnut scone recipe, all the buttery creamy stuff, like 400 CALORIES per scone. Which is tasty, but maybe a lifetime's worth of cholesterol? Then you see a vegan scone, made with clever soy substitutions, NO cholesterol, and like, 150 calories I KID YOU NOT.
Melissa has not given me her recipe yet, but I liked the looks of this one and OH MY you could make it at home, so easy. I found that the cooking time of 20 minutes should be more like 15-20 minutes, make sure they brown but do not burn. Also, the awesome glaze on top? It is gonna be messy and you will see I set a pan under to catch all the runoff. I will mix less glaze next time and put it on less messily....
I also did not have walnuts and used almonds instead (so what, right? try pecans!) and the sage seems a little odd in theory, so my recipe card reads "sage or other spice", so I can put in clove or cinnamon or nutmeg if I feel like it next time...see how great they look? YUM. and healthy!
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- Time Warp Tuesday: it was 20 years ago today...
- the GLUTEN-free and VEGAN fascists....
- when SPRING springs...
- "oh yeah, they say there is a baseball museum arou...
- when HATE comes to town
- little pitchers have big ears...
- talking about EXTRAORDINARILY cute....
- Time warp Tuesday: 17, annnnnd....
- "the guild of chimney sweepers...and potters"
- peanut butter....pizza?
- "you cut off half my head!"
- BAKED cats and dogs....
- shockingly warm spring day
- Calzones: Gary's killer kalzones REvisited!
- Time warp Tuesday: TRIPS.
- so, yeah, we went to NYC
- can you GUESS?
- Ravioli PIE, Gary style, and a MYSTERY
- "he looks like Snuffleuppagus!"
- THE END.....
- speaking of cats....and blueberry muffins...
- Time warp Tuesday: ancient birthday edition!
- feeding the BEAST....
- a CELEBRITY chef...
- now don't get all preachy on us....
- birthday week = NEW TOYS!
- HUGE chunks or why does everybody want to get in b...
- photo DUMP
- Time Warp Tuesday: Tomb Raider Time!!!!
- Puff piece, Puffy the cat and Puff pancakes...
- ▼ April (30)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)