Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Monday, April 15, 2013

so, yeah, we went to NYC

Nobody guessed in the post 2 days ago that the reason I was holding a smiling apple was that we were going to NYC, the Big Apple!  .Like Mick Jagger said in SHATTERED "Go ahead, bite the big apple, don't mind the maggots,"****

We were going to the Asia Society, to see some awesome pots...amongst other treats
dang we had an awesome trip!



The bus....


Rock Center....
We hadn't been to Donohue's since 1999!  Still the same....
Rockefeller center...
Park Ave....
 


Rolling Stones

Songwriters: Jagger, Mick / Richards, Keith
Shattered, shattered
Love and hope and sex and dreams
Are still surviving on the street
Look at me, Im in tatters!
Im a shattered
Shattered

Friends are so alarming
My lovers never charming
Lifes just a cocktail party on the street
Big apple
People dressed in plastic bags
Directing traffic
Some kind of fashion
Shattered

Laughter, joy, and loneliness and sex and sex and sex and sex
Look at me, Im in tatters
Im a shattered
Shattered

All this chitter-chatter, chitter-chatter, chitter-chatter bout
Shmatta, shmatta, shmatta -- I can't give it away on 7th avenue
This towns been wearing tatters (shattered, shattered)
Work and work for love and sex
Aint you hungry for success, success, success, success
Does it matter? (shattered) does it matter?
Im shattered.
Shattered

Ahhh, look at me, Im a shattered
Im a shattered
Look at me- Im a shattered, yeah

Pride and joy and greed and sex
That's what makes our town the best
Pride and joy and dirty dreams and still surviving on the street
And look at me, Im in tatters, yeah
Ive been battered, what does it matter
Does it matter, uh-huh
Does it matter, uh-huh, Im a shattered

Don't you know the crime rate is going up, up, up, up, up
To live in this town you must be tough, tough, tough, tough, tough!
You got rats on the west side
Bed bugs uptown
What a mess this towns in tatters Ive been shattered
My brains been battered, splattered all over manhattan

Uh-huh, this towns full of money grabbers
Go ahead, bite the big apple, don't mind the maggots, huh
Shadoobie, my brains been battered
My friends they come around they
Flatter, flatter, flatter, flatter, flatter, flatter, flatter
Pile it up, pile it high on the platter

12 comments:

Michèle Hastings said...

Looks like you had an awesome day! You are so lucky to be a bus ride to the city, yet can live in a quiet little village.

Momma Fargo said...

That looks like an awesome trip! So glad you had a great time!

Lori Buff said...

It looks like you both had a lot fo fun. Great pictures.

Shortstuff said...

Looks like tons of fun. So glad you had a great trip.

Barbara Rogers said...

Best picture of Gary with NY street art? I'm going for Atlas over your shoulder...though the Oroborus as halo on 5th Ave is a good second. So glad you got to have a good time!

Elaine said...

Looks like you're wearing a halo in one pic.

Anonymous said...

What a swell trip! I love how you took pictures along the way--I need to remember to do that myself when I travel and I never do.

Claudia from Idiot's Kitchen said...

SO jealous. Haven't been to the city in ages.

bartster said...

Interesting "anthem" for NYC--the cliche one would be Sinatra's New York, New York...GR is original!
Hope the trip was fun and helps "recharge the battery".

smalltownme said...

My boy was in NYC last week! Toured Columbia last Wednesday. Good news, Cornell is on his list too! College tour road trip this summer!

Susan said...

My daughter is in Philadelphia and I so envy her quick bus trip to NYC. Your trip looks great!

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

Fun pics!

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.