Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Thursday, April 25, 2013

little pitchers have big ears...

Actually, these are pretty big pitchers.  Funny, that expression: my mother would always say that when I was little, knowing that I was quite GOOD at repeating embarrassing adult stories that I overheard.  She would be talking to someone, give me this knowing sideways look, and basically say "don't trust this kid with your secrets, c'mon, lets go share this juicy gossip in private".  Of course, I knew how to sneak along and listen at doors too....

ANYWAY, I have been in the mood to make pitchers...so useful!  Such pretty possibilities!


(pitchers by Gary Rith)

7 comments:

Momma Fargo said...

Fabulous! Love the colors also!

Lori Buff said...

Is it possible to have too many pitchers? They make great vases too.

Gary's third pottery blog said...

that is exactly what I love about pitchers, is using them as vases!

Barbara Rogers said...

Absolutely delightful! I especially like the handles! Great glaze too!

Michèle Hastings said...

using a handmade pitcher is sooo much more enjoyable than pouring from tupperware or a milk carton.
These are beauties.

Claudia from Idiot's Kitchen said...

I love pitchers ALMOST as much as I love mixing bowls. Great colors and leaf design!

Becky Brown said...

Lovely! I especially like the unique handles. You rock, Gary.

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.