Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Time Warp Tuesday: it was 20 years ago today...

YES, about 20 years ago indeed!  First:  you know Jen runs Time Warp Tuesday, right?  A chance to look back at your old pics?
The wife and I married 20 years ago last Christmas and honeymooned the following spring.  Sometimes it occurs to me that is the only vacation we have ever taken...people ask where we like to go for vacation and its like... ?  *Blink blink*  I am not one of those people who GOES places.  Well, the wee day outings, sure, but go somewhere?  Why would I want to go anywhere?????

Camden, Maine...note sweaters--nobody vacations in Maine in spring!
On our honeymoon we took the train Chicago-Boston, rented a car, drove to Portland, Maine, went through Freeport to Camden and stayed in a CASTLE.  Then we went down to Vermont and saw cousins and visited Bennington where I had gone to college, then back to Boston and the train to NYC.  The wife's sister lived there and we stayed awhile...the whole thing was a little less than 2 weeks, a lot of miles and fun!

NYC, the Staten Island Ferry...the Twin Towers behind my SIL.....the wife always tells me my hair is too short....what do I care, I can't even see it from my perspective!

6 comments:

cookingwithgas said...

you 2 are still adorable!

Lori Buff said...

I've vacationed in Maine over Labor Day weekend, it's freezing then too.

You two still look the same 20 years later, very sweet.

Patricia Griffin Ceramics said...

Congrats on your anniversary. Blink! Where does all this time go???

smalltownme said...

We never took a "honeymoon" but we have taken other trips. Always happy to be home again, though.

Busy Bee Suz said...

Love this....such a great memory for you both!

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

What if Suz and her husband come to San Diego. You and the missus could take a short trip. It would be like staying with family. We even have animals!

Thanks for doing Time Warp even when I bailed on it. Too darn tired after Vegas :)

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.